The Virus Scanner freezes for no obvious reason.
- What you did: Just started scanning disc C:
- What actually happened or you actually saw: The scanner checked 9235 files and got frozen. C.I.S. (the latest version) stopped working.
- What you expected to happen or see: I expected Comodo Antivirus to scan my disks, nothing more.
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: I tried to stop scanning, then to stop C.I.S. But C.I.S. kept on hanging.
- If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?: No other antimalware applications were installed, the XP SP2 registry was clean.
- Details & exact version of any application (execpt CIS) involved with download link: —
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: I’ve got no ideas how one can make the scanner freeze during an ordinary scanning.
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): I uninstalled C.I.S. and checked the disks with several antimalware scanners. No malware, nothing could have made the scanner freeze.
Files appended. No files, C.I.S. is completely removed.
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: everything was the latest by the moment of this post. Sorry, I don’t remember exact versions.
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: No, I haven’t.
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: —
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: —
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:–
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No, I haven’t.
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= , Sandbox= , Firewall = , AV = … Defaults.
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: XP SP2, 32 bit, Adminstrator
- Other security and utility software installed: None.
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): None.