the uneccesary locking..

I was just about to post some stuff on:

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/which_av_would_you_choose-t37325.0.html

BUT I COULD NOT… :-\ :-
It was re-locked while I was editing my post…

Why? Do I get to say something without mod abuse… =/ Someone please consider unlocking it…

Likewise :o

It’s the call of a mod, you will have to ask the person in question, which I believe is Panic to reopen it. But as he said

In the interests of sanity, I'm locking this topic for 24 hours.

Can everyone please take a chill pill and calm down.

Thanks in advance

you’re just have to write it down in the meantime ;D

don’t dare to post it here, I’m not so happy today >:(

Xan

Looks like it’s only selective locking tho. As look when he said he posted it was locked loads of people have posted since then hmmmmm

But it was unlocked by someone…

Melih posted several times after that locking by panic… Beanie was fast enough to post also… But when I was about to post my saying it was RELOCKED… =S

sorry about that… Hope you feels better later… =) =]

The same here, I found the topic suddenly locked ( probbably by Melih :-\ )

Risking a penalty, I will post my opinion anyhow : You could say I am somewhere in the middle of the two opinions, but I tend to lean more towards Melihs opion.

Greetz, Red.

I don’t think its fair that some users can post as they please while we “the bunch” must post when we can… I think this is not a proper way to do a discussion like this…

It must get unlocked. And the No side can’t just abuse “lock and post”. I don’t completley dissagre with Melih those tests could be better… But I like to have my saying…

Noone has to answer to it if they don’t like…

But I think like I should get the right to post what I believe, as long as its to topic and I do it without personal insults, spam and alike (something I never do anyway)…

ok here’s what I think happened.

Melih posted, as he’s an admin (as well as mods) we can reply on any locked topic.
Then he raised a question, so he opened the topic again so someone could answer. When he got that answer he locked it again .

Melih posted several times after that locking by panic.. Beanie was fast enough to post also.. But when I was about to post my saying it was RELOCKED.. =S
Go to some fast typing lessons and retry ;D
Risking a penalty, I will post my opinion anyhow
You little ... >:( >:( ;D
It must get unlocked. And the No side can't just abuse "lock and post". I don't completley dissagre with Melih those tests could be better.. But I like to have my saying..
Lol, I'll see what I can do :)

Xan

So as promised I raised the question.

And the answer of us is : we’ll wait for panic to come back. If he thinks it can be unlocked it will done :slight_smile:

Xan

Quick off the mark, as always ;D

Actually, it was locked before I posted, but for some reason, Melih was still able to post (maybe because he’s an Admin?) and I was able to reply… I can’t now though, it’s been locked completely :frowning:

Beanie

Pff it “proves” my point then… Its okay for some to have their say while we others have to post “when and IF we can”… I find it disturbing to wait… Since Iam not on my own computer…

That lock was not respected from the start when it first was unlocked… 88)
Melih was allowed to have his say but we other has to respected the lock till Panic is back… :-\

And maby we won’t even get to respond… Making the debate lost due to us not responding…
Why should locking only apply to some… Its really unfair and should not be abused…

If a thread is locked then it is locked… And if some mod or someone feels like adding stuff to it then I think the rest should get a chance to post as well… at least on those general discussions with 2 sides… Otherwise I will find it quite hard to do a discussion since I know my tries to prove a point can be removed at anytime or my chance to disagree could just go away as well…

I thought the thread was constructive…

And I strongly dislike that threads gets locked against many users will… :-\ :-\ If a user behave inappropriate then I think removing the post is better than locking… I don’t see why all should get punished bc some user fails to post in a appropriate way and goes to personal attacks…

Heavy handed moderation is never a good thing…

If a user was behaving inappropriately, they should get an admonishing PM and have the offending post(s) removed. A thread shouldn’t be locked due to a users improper behavior.

I also agree that the ‘last word’ syndrome is always annoying. I used to frequent another forum that admins and mods would do that as well. Generally get in some final shot at a user and lock the thread so there is no possibility for the user to respond. I would hate to see that becoming more prevalent here.

I think Panic had everyones best interest at heart when he locked it,tit4tat was flying around and the topic was quickly going downhill.
Its great to see the enthusiasm one and all have for this and it is a good debate.24 hours isnt long,must be a lot less now so it might be re-opened but thats Panics call :a0

Gives me summat to look forward to after watching the Grand Prix

Matt

But shouldn’t other Mods and even Admins respect closed topics as well ? I agree with Monkey_Boy=) on that :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

Hey guys…

I posted without having seen Panic’s post and by mistake unlocked the topic temporarily. Once I read Panic’s post, then I locked it back and sent an apology PM to Panic :).

So, as per Panic’s post, he locked it for 24 hours.

Melih

PS: Because I am an admin in this forum, I do not get alert when posting to a locked topic, hence I didn’t realise this was locked etc. (just for clarification).

My ears are hot…Someone talking about me? Melih said the same thing wrongly on the tread as well. As for name calling I did not call anybody anything as you can see when you view the topic. Thanks.

To all interested parties;

When I locked the AV topic, my intention was that everyone would stop posting - Melih, Commodus, John Doe - EVERYONE.

It was not locked because of comments or conduct contrary to Comodo.
It was not locked because someone was disparaging Comodo.
It was not locked because Comodo did not have answers.

It was locked because I felt all parties concerned had let emotions get on top of their argument (logic argument as opposed to confrontational argument).

Quote from HeffeD

If a user was behaving inappropriately, they should get an admonishing PM and have the offending post(s) removed. A thread shouldn't be locked due to a users improper behavior.

Censorship is better than a temporary restriction, even if the temporary restriction allows all current info to be displayed??? I don’t think so. My thinking is that deletions within a thread can cause confusion and allow posts to be taken out of context.

Quote from HeffeD

I also agree that the 'last word' syndrome is always annoying. I used to frequent another forum that admins and mods would do that as well. Generally get in some final shot at a user and lock the thread so there is no possibility for the user to respond.

Locking a topic under these or similar circumstances is not an action we undertake lightly. The moderators value the open nature of these forums and the lively exchanges it can generate. There are times, and IMHO this is one, where we have to step in to save the members from themselves. Such was the case here. The temproary unlocking was an unfortunate blunder and Melih has stuck his hand up and admitted it.

Quote from Patrice58

Looks like it's only selective locking tho. As look when he said he posted it was locked loads of people have posted since then hmmmmm

Please see explanation above. He goofed - he admitted it.

Quote from Monkey Boy

I don't think its fair that some users can post as they please while we "the bunch" must post when we can..

Another quote from Monkey Boy

Pff it "proves" my point then.. Its okay for some to have their say while we others have to post "when and IF we can".. I find it disturbing to wait.. Since Iam not on my own computer..

That lock was not respected from the start when it first was unlocked…
Melih was allowed to have his say but we other has to respected the lock till Panic is back…

If you think the moderators here ever deliberately act in an unfair manner, as you have clearly suggested, please, please, please PM me so we can discuss this. I personally find this offensive. Every mod I know does their utmost to act in an unbaised manner and to suggest otherwise is an insult to them. As I said, please PM me - I’m locked and loaded and the #1 finger is itchy. :frowning:

Quote from Melih

So, as per Panic's post, he locked it for 24 hours.

That particular key may stay in my pocket for a little longer, if tempers and accusations continue the way they have.

Ewen

#1 finger is itchy. :frowning: So what does that key do then?

Locks and unlocks topics, of course. What did you expect? :wink:

Lol erm a ban button or a kick button I have nooooooooo idea. Go on unlock it (you know you want to.) :smiley: