The network firewall is not functioning properly - NetComponent Status="Failed"

EDIT: i installed first the antivirus, next i wanted to install the firewall but i had to uninstall antivirus, so i uninstalled, downloaded: cispremium_installer_x64.exe and installed it chosing to install firewall and antivirus.
I thought all was ok and it seems to be ok but i just noticed the exclamation on comodo ‘taskbar’ icon and when i open comodo it is saying: The network firewall is not working properly!". So i ran diagnostics but it is unable to fix it.
I’m running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits on a Vaio VPCS11C5E. And i previously uninstalled the McAfee security ‘suite’ i had.

----------------------- ---------------------------- -------------------------- ----------------------------

hello, i would like to know what to do to correct the failed status for netcomponent inspect.
i think i solved for the registry entries (hope is what i had to do):

–What i did is to add the string keys named Group and Start and the 2 dwords entries with respective values. Just going to regedit and navigating to HKLM-system-currentcontrolset-services-cmderd…

But i don’t know what i have to add to solve this other failed status:

Thanks for comodo and any help to solve this fail status message.

Getting the same thing.

Tried to upgrade to v6.

Running Win 8 Pro x64

Tried running the Comodo uninstall tool and reinstalling with no luck.

Let’s try to make a start with a clean slate. Before doing that make a system restore point just in case.

First step.Make sure that left overs of previously installed security programs are no longer around by removing possible left overs with cleanup tools of those programs. Leftovers can cause all sort of strange results A list of such tools can be found here: ESET Knowledgebase .

Second step is to uninstall CIS using the uninstaller of CIS (don’t use the clean up tool). When done reboot.

When back in Windows open Device Manager from the command prompt using the following two commands:
set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
start devmgmt.msc

Set Device Manager to show hidden devices under menu option View. Then see if there are Comodo Internet Security related drivers left under non Plug and Play drivers. If so select a CIS driver → click right → uninstall. Do this for all present CIS drivers. Do a reboot when it has been requested.

Now we see if the Inspect driver is still present and when it is there it needs to be uninstalled.

How to uninstall the CIS firewall driver when it stays present? Look up the properties of the network connection, select the Comodo Firewall driver and uninstall it. See the attached image.

We are almost done now and we need to take a look in the registry. First read this tutorial. With the registry open navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services. When you see one of the following four keys present delete them:
cmdAgent
cmderd
cmdGuard
cmdhlp
cmdvirth

When done run the unofficial clean up tool in Windows Safe Mode. Now we should hopefully be ready for a successful install of CIS.

Hallo erverybody,

I have the samt problem with the firewall.

“The network firewall is not functioning properly”

The Diagnostics tells me, there is no problem! But Internet ist blocked completely

My computer is an new one. Nothing installed but Windows 7 x64 and the LAN-driver.
Nothing else.

Then I tried the Comodo Verison 5.12.xxx an the latestet on - same error
I also tried the Free Versions and the Internet Security Pro Versions
same error.

On an other computer - all works fine.

And I had this problem earlier on an old computer with XP. I could fix the problem with an old version of Comodo, but this didn’t help me her at all.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do now?

cu
Frank

Did your computer come with a preinstalled security program like from McAfee or Norton f.e.? To be sure there are no left over of them after you uninstalled them please the clean up for it. A comprehensive list can be found here: ESET Knowledgebase .

Tried …uninstaller … tried uninstall non plug&play comodo drivers … suppressed it in network connection … still not working properly …
Have anyone tried do a workaround this issue ? Cause lost much time on this one …

Thanks

With which version is this happening on what OS?

Do you have other programs installed with a network driver that could interfere? Think applications like Net Limiter, Wireshark/PC Cap…

seven 64 bits, used wireshark portable a while ago on that computer … but did several updates working nicely … then it all messed up with the 2013 version … even can’t get previous versions working properly …

Try a clean install of CIS.

Since you used both 5.12 and 6.1. Please run this clean up tool in Safe Mode to make sure all possible left overs of v5.x. Then use this clean up tool also in Safe Mode to remove possible left overs of v6.

The clean up tool for v6 is the one the Geekbuddies use. It has some extra cleaning functions. Only use option 1 and 2.

Please make sure that there are no left overs of previously uninstalled security programs around. Not all uninstallers do a proper job. Left over applications, drivers or services can cause all sort of “interesting effects”.

Try using removal tools for those programs to remove them. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Let us know how things go after all of the above.

after several install, several uninstalls & restarts, got my comodo to finally generate a non-empty report : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0i4BkJkimJNUTI1ZWJsSnIxTHM/edit?usp=sharing
I kind of saw that there’s is a mess up with some system files …

Did you follow my instructions as in the above? Did you run the two clean up tools in Safe Mode? Did you also run the removal tools for security programs you had installed in the past?

yap, and still telling myself : wtf is going on there ?
won’t there be an auto update which will be able to tell me why the hell won’t it work ?

I asked the other mods to take a look and share their wisdom. We may be looking at a bug.

Can you make sure the PC Cap driver or service is no longer present?

well how is that supposed to be translated in french ? don’t find any “cap driver” line

Apologies. The driver/service I was referring to is WinPcap. WinPcap is the driver/service that is used by Wireshark.

Thanks

Here’s the full listing of my services ( sorry, that’s in french, isn’t there any better “debug” report generating app thought … )

http://i.snag.gy/YALoU.jpg
http://i.snag.gy/60TjB.jpg
http://i.snag.gy/0its5.jpg

Can you check with Killswitch under services and see if npf driver is present or not. I think that’s the driver.

I noticed you have Team Viewer installed. Could you temporarily uninstall it to see if that makes a difference?

ok i found were the killswitch were … did something like autorun analyser > “disable all potential threats” and got stuck with a 100% cpu issue, rebooted, went on BSOD, restored my OS backup … shut a ■■■■ …
got my files thought …

Sorry you had to restore you system. Glad you’re back up and running.

got my files thought ..

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0i4BkJkimJNaUlMWWhJdWFSZTQ/edit?usp=sharing

I checked the above. Npf.sys which belongs to WinPcap is present.Try disabling it and reboot. See if the problem persists.