The network firewall is not functioning porperly. Diagnostic shows no error.

Hello,

I just tried to installed version 3.5.57173.439 (X32) on my Windows XP with SP2, and it says “The network firewall is not functioning properly”. If I use the diagnostic button it says “The diagnostics utility did not find any problems with your installation”.

It simply looks like the installer is not able to detect my onboard network device ( “VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter” on ASRock 775DUAL-VSTA).

A CIS report is attached.

The old 2.4 version is installing and running great.

Any advice? Maybe it possible to manually install the firewall filter driver for this network device?

Thanks and Regards,
BoMbY

[attachment deleted by admin]

Take a look into the diskmanager to find out if your harddisk is in Basic Mode or Dynamic Mode.

I haven’t seen a working Comodo firewall version 3 with dynamic disks. That problem is known for many months and easily reproducible. Install a clean WinXP SP1SPSP3 with basic mode harddisk and install comodo v3 cfp cis. Everything works fine. Then change from basic mode to dynamic mode. Comodo will no longer work and shows “The network firewall is not functioning properly”.

I don’t expect a solution till Comodo wants to get a share of the server/workstation market where dynamic disks are more common.

In June a longer thread of the dynamic disk issue was started here:
https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t24234.0.html