The lack of simplicity and logic... the biggest malware, the bigest threat

i have years using comodo, I am not against changes… but I am against changes that actually is a step back… sophistication is not synonymous of efficiency… if efficiency cant be reached without sophistication… then go… that’s why not everybody goes to space… its not easy… neither to build a capable vehicle that operates cheap… that’s why it is the way it is…

why do I mention that?

I remember the years when comodo… you use to block something… but if that is asking permission again and again… then you check the “remember” box… then the permission is recorded (a ruleset?)

if for some reason you want to deny again the permission… you just have to do couple of clicks to reach to that list of all the permissions you have granted denied (the ones that are saved/applied… for the same request…

simple…
WHERE IS THAT OPTION? now the user have to do a training and a several reading… to find that permission… if it gets any luck…

comodo people are developing the software for the old users like me… I mean old user… the ones that remember how the application have evolved and changed and got complex so we barely still remember where to look for that option… but the scenario is the following… if you are new… a simple no geek user… or someone WITH A Life witch has lot of things in its head… thinks that REALLY deserves procession and complications(because there is no other way KNOWN to do it simpler…) for those users… comodo is getting painful to use…

I am going to my case…
I was testing avast antivirus… but the ■■■■ AV ask too much permissions, too many request to access to the internet… then I granted it forever… now I have 3 days using the avast and I see the AV never stop updating I don’t know what… (may be is one of the internet-dependent applications that many big companies washed mind developers are trying to impose as a standard so they can… it doesn’t matter…) I wanted to stop the avast to access to internet… but I went to firewall options, and there is about 3 or 4 categories for permissions I have granted… they are sort by app type, by port, by type of connection… COME ON! just give me a plain list with all the apps/exes… whatever I have granted or denied access to internet so I can double click it and to revoke its internet free access…

when you master something you make it simple…
all the big computer companies… when they hit this part… they ALWAYS fall down…

just an advice…
that I will resume this way…
revise the user interface… and think again in what a user need… it doesn’t matter how complex the process /operation is… IT CAN be access, watched, triggered from a simple interface… not all user are developers… neither they are obligated to… they are looking for solutions…
I work for companies doing that and believe me, they grow when they “simplify” things…

To respond to your case with Avast. With default settings CIS will allow outgoing traffic for Trusted Applications. It will apply a standard rule. If you want to control access of a trusted application you make a rule for it in Application Rules and give it the desired policy.