The internet will be out of addresses on Thursday

Lately we been hearing how the internet is going to run out of addresses. months later It will happen this week(or at least I am basing of the source where I got the info from)

Here’s where I got it from
http://www.suntimes.com/business/3605714-417/addresses-internet-websites-numbers-running.html

The top-level authority that governs such addresses will distribute the last batches on Thursday. That’s according to two people with knowledge of the situation. They spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because a formal announcement isn’t scheduled until Thursday.
Oh well, there will always be ipv6 :)

Long live ip4 (:s*)

Long Live IPv4! I don’t want to go to IPv6! I haven’t read the whole books yet! …

… Well, Might as well get started :frowning:

Jake

Not everything out there uses or recognizes IPv6 yet. This is a concern.

Maybe there will be a lot of attacks during this time?

Just a thought… thats what i would do if i was malicious …

Jake

Internet Society - World IPv6 Day

If you live in the US and have Comcast as your ISP:

comcast ipv6 trial

You would do well to understand the transitional technologies that may be employed as an interim, by your ISP:

An IPv4-to-IPv6 Transition Approach

Dual - Stack lite

If you want to begin to understand IPv6 but don’t have native access, you can still sign up to one of the free tunnel brokers.

At this point, you are probably running an operating system that supports IPv6
If your router doesn’t natively support the stack, it can probably have the firmware upgraded to to so.
Your ISP may already have a trial in place or even already support the stack (more likely in Asia)
There are free tunnel brokers available, who offer easy ways to create a tunnel and this access a variety of IPv6 resources

There are a whole host of potential benefits offered by IPv6 and even if you’re not interested in the mechanics of the stack, it won’t hurt to find out a little about how it might affect you. Don’t forget, this is not just about PC’s connected to the Internet, it will affect virtually every electro-mechanical and communications device you own now, or will own in the future.

IPv6 .com - IPv6 and the Auto Industry

IPv6 , 4G , and the Ever Smarter World (PDF)

IPv6 Home Automation (PDF)

There are many more…

River of IPv4 addresses officially runs dry

It will be interesting to see how quickly they start rolling out IPv6 now…

Don’t hold your breath! For most ISPs, especially in the US and most of Europe, you can expect to see the deployment of either NAT444 or NAT464, if you’re lucky you may get Dual stack lite. All of which will have a performance impact, simply because you’re basically looking at a double NAT’ed solution.

It will also mean the probability of shared IPv4 addresses ISP Shared Address with unique, non-rfc 1819 addresses, being made available at a considerable premium.

i told it a long time ago…here is the details…

https://forums.comodo.com/general-discussion-off-topic-anything-and-everything/the-end-of-eternity-t65101.0.html;msg458290#msg458290

It was a bit of sarcasm… ISPs here in the US are terrible (at least in my area). The US ISPs are a bit behind on the technology, and trying to do everything they can to keep raising their prices without offering more value. My ISP as I mentioned in another topic is Comcast, they are planning to finally migrate their service to a digital system…

Interestingly did you read that article about the Canadian ISPs going to a strict metered system? It’s an interesting read. Interestingly enough the other day the Prime Minister of Canada said they would be over ruling and getting rid of this new 25GB cap. Point is it’s crazy how these ISPs are trying to price gouge customers and giving much poorer service at the same time.

With the IPv4 protocol now exhausted and ISPs looking for a solution with NAT I think we will start seeing much more of these strict metered systems in the future.

It was a bit of sarcasm...

Apologies, I missed it :frowning:

Metered Internet is not something that’s going to go away any time soon, but I believe the big telcos will have a hard time implementing it. For now the Canadian Government has vetoed the plan, but the head of the CRTC has said the decision only ‘delays’ the plan…

The main reason these corporations wish to see metered Internet implemented, is to protect their vast investments in legacy media, such as television. It’s basically unwillingness to move to a business model for the Internet age. It’s the same problem we see with the IFPI/RIAA/MPAA. Basically, these industries are controlled by technological incompetents.

Interestingly did you read that article about the Canadian ISPs going to a strict metered system? It's an interesting read. Interestingly enough the other day the Prime Minister of Canada said they would be over ruling and getting rid of this new 25GB cap. Point is it's crazy how these ISPs are trying to price gouge customers and giving much poorer service at the same time.

I posted about this here

Missed that one, my apologies :embarassed: