The defense+ is not functioning properly!!!

I recceive this msg after installing the new comodo internet security 3.13 and also

COMODO Internet Security

Update failed. Error code 0x80004002. No such interface supported. Pls help me.

Hi Ajit4677

Pls list other possible security and utility software running on your computer, along with your Operating System.

Hello…

I’m using win XP SP 3 and have not installed any other antivirus than comodo…
I can’t seem to run the scanner in comodo as it show ERROR CODE 0X80004002 no such interface supported.
Thanx.

Are you running as Limited User in XP?

yes i am…
di i need to log in as administrator?

If I understand things correctly cmdagent.exe also called Comodo Internet Security Helper Service needs to run as admin. May be this is of help:

Try updating the Comodo Internet Security Helper Service (control panel, admin tools, services, right click on "Comodo Internet Security Helper Service", properties). The logon Tab for the Service should currently show Local System Account and Allow service to interact with Desktop. Set This Account with your Logon ID and Password (+Confirm) and then reboot.
The program updater also needs admin rights. The name of the updater is cfpupdat.exe and can be found in the CIS installation folder.

i did as ur advice but it still the same…i have attached a report when i did the diagnostics…

[attachment deleted by admin]

Is the updater message for the program updater or the av updater? There have been problems with the av update process over the last couple of days by part of the users.

Did you install CIS as admin? If not please try a clean install of CIS and use this clean up tool after the reboot after the uninstalling. then install CIS again as admin.