The Defence+ is not functioning properly

I have the same problem as described here: https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/defense-is-not-functioning-properly-t75577.0.html;msg540421#msg540421. “The Defence+ is not functioning properly” If I run Diagnostics, it tells me everything is fine. I have AVG free antivirus installed. The problem was there from the start, ever since I recently installed comodo, which was soon after I installed windows and AVG.

Is in your case cmdagent.exe also running? Check with Task Manager with “Show processes of all users” enabled.

Yes, it is.

If cmdagent.exe is running then the alert is a false positive.

There have been problems reported with AVG. Can you see what happens when you add the CIS installation folder to the AVG exclusions?

Added to avg resident shield exclusion, no change.

May be left overs of previously installed security programs are in the way. Please make sure no left over of them are in the way.

Try using removal tools for those programs. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Does this help or does the situation stay the same?

Well, I think this would inapplicable, because I installed windows relatively recently and didn’t install other security software other than: avg free antivirus, comodo firewall, sandboxie.

Then try adding the AVG installation folder to the CIS exclusions.