The Best Security Suites for 2009

Man I sure am glad I bought NIS 2009… :BNC (:CLP)

aHh I really don’t trust PCmag, Just my opinion… Think they are biased.

Also trend got 4/5, It should be 3 or 2.

Whatever. So I guess the entire site sucks. I guess there reviews on anything suck.

I’ve always found the info there reliable. There are bound to be those who will disagree.

Agreed

I dont trust PCmag to… :-\

V7chy

You CIS users are just jealous. I am sure if CIS was mentioned then PCMag would be good. Whatever.

Hey Vet, since this a thread mentioning Norton Internet Security, I have a question about Norton Antivirus 2009, which is: Isn’t it suppose to automatically update? 'Cos mine doesn’t! ??? 88)

I always need to manually update the ■■■■ antivirus. I am going to ask on Norton’s forum (I think there is one), but if you got any tip, I wouldn’t have to get that “trouble”…

Best regards

Edit: Also, to all others, the page says “Which suite will be best for keeping you safe and not slowing you down next year?”. I agree with it. Norton’s 2009 products are very light on resources.

lol! right …

I know that CIS is not the best but PCmag review is clearly biased One of the best security suits right now is Avira Premium Security Suite it has much better detection then Norton has or any other antivirus right now.

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2009 - 4/5 :-\
Trend Micro Internet Security Pro 2009 - 4/5 :slight_smile:
Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 - 3,5/5 what ???

V7chy

Yeah… V7chy pretty much sums it up.

No vette I’m not jealous of Norton at all, Norton can’t compete with Defense+ :wink:

EDIT:: I know for a fact that TrendMicro Pro is heavy on resources. And it’s detection rate is pretty average, Firewall is poor.

And it scores better than kaspersky?.. HEH!

Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 has pretty good firewall and good detection nice GUI and its usefriendly.
It really wierd that it got 3.5/5 … :-\ Clearly biased review

V7chy

Magazines are mostly biased. PC Mag thinks Norton is the greatest AV ever. Smart Computing thinks Mcaffee is the greatest AV ever. Don’t you think AV companies will pay them to say that regardless of any proof if the product is actually good ?

Anyway, just as I mentioned in one other thread, the best security suite you’ll ever get are separate applications. :■■■■

The best protection - yes. But you may face compatibility issues, and most of the times 2 or 3 separate applications will eat more resourses than a balanced security suite.

I always been a fan of security suites, so this is my opinion. I like having only one tray icon - not 3 or more like many others do.
The first line is not Prevention. The first line is eXPerience and safe browsing habbits.

And yes PCMag’s reviews are biased. They always give Norton 4,5 stars. No matter whitch version - 2006,07,08 or 09. No one will ever beat Norton there ;D

The first line is eXPerience
What do I have to do with this ? 88) ;D
But you may face compatibility issues
Not necessairely, as long as you're not going to install 3 on-acces antivirusses at the same time at least...
And yes PCMag's reviews are biased.
Yep they're
They always give Norton 4,5 stars. No matter whitch version - 2006,07,08 or 09. No one ever will beat Norton there
Yep, but now, symantec finally deserved them :-TU

Xan

I don’t quite agree with you when you say that the first line of defense is experience and safe browsing habbits. How can you tell that Trend Micro’s and Kaspersky’s official sites got hacked? No one would ever believe in such situations and a believer of safe browsing habbits would never know what the heck hit him/her.

Nowadays, there are no safe sites. If today a web site is safe, tomorrow may not be so. So, prevention is the first line of defense. We can’t just go with the safe browsing habbits. And one way to prevent is to trust nothing, not even what appears to be safe.

Personally, I create a batch file to open all my security apps when I need to connect to the Internet. They don’t load at startup. :wink: No logical reason for letting them automatically start, if I just need them when I use the Internet. Anyway, all of them are light and I always test them with a virtual environment, before I use them for real. That way, I’ll be assured there won’t be any conflicts. :slight_smile:

That turns people into paranoid freaks. Instead of enjoying the web and browsing where they want, all they do is monitor their connections, ports, upload all files to VirusTotal, set D+ to paranoid and spend all day at Wilders discussing security setups and boasting that they changed their AV for the 3rd time this week. ;D
I agree that the web nowadays is a dangerous place. But about 90 % of infections come from pr0n, illegal warez and crackz sites and p2p networks. No AV can protect from all the ■■■■ they are offering.
Browse legitimate websites and you’ll never get infected.

Bottom Line - Be smart. Use protection. But better educate yourself to prevent things from happening.

Well, there is safe and there is paranoid. I pick safe.

I agree when you say one should educate him/her self to prevent things from happening, but, how will you prevent situations as the one I mentioned, just by educating your self?

I don’t know if it is the case or not, but if I were one of the bad guys, I wouldn’t count on people to go to known bad sites, such as warez, etc. I would count on them not to expect bad things from happening in what everyone calls “good sites”. That is what I would do. Everyone who gets infected/anything else from going to known bad sites, well, they’re just playing plain stupid. But if it happens on good sites, well, then, people just weren’t counting on it. Not their blame, actually. People who make web sites should protect them better, but they don’t, and other “innocent” people end up paying for it.

Well, there is safe and there is paranoid. I pick safe.
And I'm safely paranoid
I agree when you say one should educate him/her self to prevent things from happening, but, how will you prevent situations as the one I mentioned, just by educating your self?
By getting infected. Then you will learn what you did wrong and will never do that again :)
I don't know if it is the case or not, but if I were one of the bad guys, I wouldn't count on people to go to known bad sites, such as warez, etc.
Why do the hard way when you can get many infected by doing nothing ? Believe me, they just don't do that...
That is what I would do.
That's why you're not a malware creator...

Xan

This is getting off topic…

So which do you think are The Best Security Suites for 2009? (:WIN)

Easy :

CIS and NIS

Xan