thanks comodo, and help please

hi
i am new to comodo
well i have been using comodo firewall for past three weeks and it’s beautiful
today i uninstalled all my other security software and downloaded all comodo
(i was using Computer Associates EZ ARMOR – i am a roadrunner customer and they provide this security suite to customers free of charge)
i guess i needed something new, so came across comodo and wow, very nice. these are almost like full paid version like programs from other companies, but for free. so thanks COMODO for the softwares

oh yeah my problem
today i downloaded the comodo antivirus, installed it, updated it, and activated the license.
everything worked smoothly,
except when i actually run the first complete scan – it TERMINATES in the middle, what i mean is that it starts just fine and progresses along for about 15 minutes and then stops and window closes
it does not say “completed”, does not even give any message at all, it’s when i go to see the report that’s where i see it says “terminated”
so i have not been able to complete the full system initial scan
otherwise i think it is working, already warned me about some file that was may be a trojan like thing…
oh yeah , i uninstalled and installed again but same thing
so i would appreciate any help
thanks
i have bitdefender 8 running also but it has no real time protection, only comodo AV is real time protection,
should i get rid of bitdefender 8? is bitdefender the problem??

Hello

I also had used CAV and bitdefender a few month ago. In my case, any problems did not happen.
But I think bitdefender causes your problem. There are some users refer to similar problems.
I would recommed you to read some other topics first(…or uninstall bitdefender.)
Hope this will help you.

thank you for the info, karasu
i tried shutting down bitdefender completely then ran comodo av scan but still “terminated”

then i uninstalled bitdefender and ran comodo av scan but still “terminated”

don’t know what to do, it’s a weired problem, i think it is up and running but can’t do a complete system scan…

SecurityFan,

Welcome to the forums and Comodo Community.

The only advise I can give about the termination issue is to ensure that all aspects of EZ-Armour are removed. Something like CCleaner may be of use here, but also check your Program Files folder for remnants.

Regarding BitDefender 8… I use it. CAV 1.1 is not quite ready to run as the sole member of my AV soluiton, but it will be. :wink: In my case, I primarilry use CAV for Real-time scannning, and schedule BitDefender every night to scan my HD.

Out of curiosity, what other security solutions might you be using as well? Windows Defender, SpywareGuard, SpywareBlaster, Arovax Sheild, GESWall, etc…

hello and thank you m0ng0d

about the EZ-Armor, i did uninstal everything using CCleaner :wink:
but was still having same issue

one thing i found out is that when i try to do a full system scan using comodo, it gets terminated while scanning a folder with microsoft powerpoint files, i also read somewhere in the forms that some members were having similar issues with folders containing other microsoft office files, but only on full scan

well i installed ez-armor back on my system, also reinstalled bitdefender 8

regarding other software i have on my system, here is everything, ok ready:

-EZ-ARMOR (av, anti-spam, pest-patrol), ez-firewall was giving me trouble, besides it is zonealarm so then i used zonealarm, which i think is an awsome firewall, and now
-COMODO PERSONAL FIREWALL, which is awesome too
-COMODO ANTI-VIRUSPYWARE
-COMODO I-VAULT
-BITDEFENDER 8
-CCLEANER
-EASY CLEANER
-SCAR 6 SOFTWARE - SIMPLE FILE SHREDDER
-SPYBOT (realtime, along with pestpetrol, comodo anti-virus real time truned off)
-TRUECRYPT
-TWEAK NOW REGCLEANER STD
-ADVANCED WINDOWSCARE V2
-SUPER ANTISPYWARE
-BAZOOKA SCANNER
-EUSING FREE REG CLEANER
-REGTOY
-PRCVIEW
-HIJACKTHIS
-CWSHREDDER
-ASWCLNR

i have included all the software i have that i think are just cool
i know, i went crazy, but most of these are not running realtime or can’t, so i use them from time to time
well hoping to switch to comodo completely one day, waiting for the time when all comodo is as good as their personal firewall, actually when it’s even better
(B)

Oh my god!!

your machine is like the Rambo of all machines with all that security software! :slight_smile:

Melih

If my brain is still working when I get home from Work today, I’ll try remember to create a PPT file and see what my CAV does with it.

(V)

yes, i know, i love secuity software ;D
i want to have defence for anything coming (to my computer thru internet that is) :wink:

Never seen somebody with so much security software :o even I don’t use that much! But if it works (which it seems to be doing) then your protected in a number of different ways.

P.S. Did you resolve the issue with the scanning terminated?

Hasn’t solved it, but looks like it is being worked around not doing Full System Scans in CAV… The golden nugget is…

one thing i found out is that when i try to do a full system scan using comodo, it gets terminated while scanning a folder with microsoft powerpoint files, i also read somewhere in the forms that some members were having similar issues with folders containing other microsoft office files, but only on full scan[\quote]

Me neither. I thought I am beginning to develop an obsession for security but SecurityFan’s list really blew me off.

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

Glad I’m not the only one :smiley:

hey everyone

well NO i have not been able to resolve that “terminated” issue, but doing scan on single folders and files has no problems, only thing is that for each scan – memory is scanned first then the folder, so that is annoying, but other than those two things everything else seems ok

yeah i am crazy like that with all the security software… the more software with different capabilities the better ;D

There is a flag to disable the memory scan for “On Demand” actions… wich unfortunately includes the manual scans, right-click scans, every scan that you start manually. Myself I would have preffered to see a “Disable memory scan for Right-Click scanning” specific option.

Yes I agree, no need to scan the memory in a right click scan.