Thank you Symantec, for admitting traditional antivirus cannot protect you.

Alan Solomon (Dr Solomon’s Antivirus): Symantec claims that their antivirus is rubbish

:), they key is the “Containment” technology. This is what Comodo provides via its “automatic sandboxing”.

Comodo has the only “containment” technology for desktops that is field tested by 10s of millions of end users!

Maybe it’s like that, Melih, but can you affirm wholeheartedly (and I mean it: from the very depth of your heart and soul, including personal pride and honesty etc.) that the NSA and/or similar gov orgs NEVER HAS (have) shown ANY sparks of interest in somehow compromising / backdooring our world’s most beloved (presumably most secure) free firewall / security solution(s) that go(es) by the very name of CPF/CIS? Now, that’d really make me wonder, if that was not the case. Especially making me ask: why not, if so?

May sound mean, but it’s certainly (nothing is certain) probably not the very last time I’ll directly confront you with this kind of question, ol’ friend of mine.

Please remember, whoever may read this (including the CEO here, who’m I really do love for what he’s always been trying to do, yes you…):

I do not try to be “mean” here, it’s just meant to help securing freedom of speech, freedom of thinking and freedom of self-determination concerning certain things that some of us, call 'em the human folks if you please, want to keep private as in “private lives”.

Yes, of course, it might be some kind of “testing” as well.
Thinking “security” has always been about “testing”. Well, ain’t it so? :slight_smile:
Please don’t take it as a personal thingie: :frowning: I am not testing any kind of personal “friendship” with these my words. That’d be :-TD.
I am just testing, if any testing at all is happening here, :a0 the reliability of certain things happening under certain circumstances one can NOT personally influence. :slight_smile:
I am taking (not always, rest assured) words for what they are (or appear to be).

Mankind is, in these our times, facing the greatest danger it ever met, and it’s, in it’s entirety at least, not able to cope with that.
No, it’s not about WAR in the traditional way.
It’s rather about defacing, degrading, dehumanizing.

IF THE SINGLE USER’S DIGNITY DON’T MATTER IN A CERTAIN STATE (UNDER IT’S LEGISLATIO), ANY SOFTWARE DEMANDING FROM THE USER TO BE TRUSTED BY HIM DON’T MATTER ANYMORE.

AND IF THERE SHOULD (EVER) BE A GAG ORDER EXISTING THAT IS BEING PUT ON YOU, THEN, WELL: EMIGRATE, CAUSE ANY COUNTRY THAT GOES BY A LEGISLATION THAT KEEPS THEIR PEOPLE’S MOUTHS SHUT BY GOVERNMENTAL FORCE HAS TO BE DOUBTED BY MEANS OF RIGHTFULNESS. (Sorry again for my bad handling of the English tongue).

Any state that keeps their people’s mouths shut (i. e. restricting the truth) has to be avoided by as many human beings as possible.
True Freedom shall rule, any false “prophets” of artificial freedom (and there seem to be many nowadays) shall finally fail.

Kind regards, REBOL.

not that i am aware of.

Yes, too much metaphors. @REBOL Why don’t you just be direct with your questioning?

[/size]ps: like Melih, he’s very straight-forward guy. Kinda like Naseem Hamed. Often misunderstood as arrogance.

Thanks for answering, Melih. :slight_smile:

Kind regards, REBOL.

Norton is offering Virus free, Money back guarantee! "That’s assurance you can’t get from free software. " Have they even heared of Comodo? Norton Security | Award-Winning Antivirus & Security Software

Well… You can’t really get money back for a free product, and as far as I know the guarantee for comodo users only apply for their paid product so…

This is not a warranty. its merely a cash back. So if you are not satisfied with their product and get infected for example, you can get your money back. Its a way to re package good old money back promise as a warranty.

Comodos warranty is different in that, if its claimed it will cost Comodo money $500. Where as symantecs case it won`t cost them money, as they will merely giving your money back, having kept it in their bank account accruing interest.

Any decent company should give money back if the customer is not happy. This is a pre-requisite to a fair trade imo. So nothing new in what Symantec is offering imo. They will be hard pushed to offer the warranty we offer any time soon :wink:

Melih

Symantec (Endpoint Protection) was used by Target and Home Depot, both breached by basically the same malware resulting in the exposure of over 100 million credit card credentials with remediation costs that will easily exceed 500 million USD combined.

Guess that’s why Symantec limits a guarantee to product cash back.

There should be an “UNNOTIFY” button next to the “REPLY” button, I think that’s what you’re looking for?