TF Beta... I don't think it's even worth it.

Well. I found the beta. Read about it. Hated what I read. And before I delete it, here you are: Official Site | Norton™ - Antivirus & Anti-Malware Software

Here is a comment from wilder’s.

Originally Posted by atomomega But the version never changes neither the def's date and suspiciously, every time I try a manual update it always finds a new def file to download. Even the copyright clearly says: 2004-2009 PC Tools

“PC Tools, ThreatFire and other PC Tools brand and product names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of PC Tools Technology Pty Ltd in the United States and/or other countries”

If it was up-to-date it should reflect the acquisition by Symantec

So, to me it looks like after being bought by Symantec they just sent it to the recycle bin.

Originally posted by clocks August 18, 2010 I just tested, set on level 4. At first it seemed to blocked everything, but MBAM showed items got though, and my browser got a redirect. It seems better at detecting you are about to get infected than actually blocking the threat. Still has a tiny memory footprint. No new gui.

Great add-on to another av program, but I would not run it alone.

August 20th, 2010, 07:54 AM
I don’t remember, and I cleared the shapshot.

For those asking for pictures, it looks the same as it has for the last couple years. I didn’t perceive any cosmetic differences. Honestly, I am not sure what was new in this beta.

Also of note, on level 4 it prompted on too many safe programs, like MBAM. So if I were to retest it some time, I would test it on it’s default level of 3.

06:32 PM
I wouldn’t have mattered. I blocked certain files/actions, and they ran anyway.

From PCTools ThreatFire v4.7.0.36 BETA

What’s New:
• Improved detection in x64 operating systems (Vista and Windows 7)
• More robust integration
• Improved socialization
• Fixed issues with WinDVD
• Updated language files
• Internal bug fixes

This is the thread these were taken from: New THREATFIRE beta | Wilders Security Forums

I installed it. Did not even bother to work. Not even after three trials. Weird. 88)

A’ight. Enjoy this beta (I don’t think that’s even remotely possible, but what the heck). In the meantime, I’ll be logging out. Still have to attend TF’s funeral. :cry: lol.