Teamviewer Portable

I have never used any remote connection software. I am planning to remotely connect to my Bro’s system who is in US, I am in India. I want to configure his system like, uninstall unwanted apps, install few things like CIS 5 & few tweaks. I have decided on Teamviewer Portable. I want to know with Teamviewer Portable can I perform all the above mentioned tasks with ease or any probs?? Plzz give info on this.
Any suggestions to take care of before remote connection??

Is Teamviewer Portable reliable, safe & secure??? Should I use Comodo EasyVPN instead???

Bro’s system is Win Vista 64 Bits
Mine is Win XP 32 Bits

Any other info needed??

Thanxx
Naren

Anyone Plzz???

The trouble would arise if your manipulations force a remote reboot.

In such circumstances, you need a remote desktop application running as a starting service.

I am not sure that Teamviewer does the job, whereas older products (e.g. VNC) do.

Thanxx replying.

The reboot prob is solved if the user is there, right?

Remote Desktop Application running as a starting service is there in TeamViewer installed version which is also free. The service is not there in the portable version. But I want to know if this service is running & a reboot is done, what will happen if the user has set password for logging into windows???

Thanxx
Naren

Edit - Remote Desktop Application running as a starting service is there in Comodo EasyVPN???

Absolutely solved if user is there, you just have to reconnect.
Haven’t tried teamviewer, I know the service starts in installation version ( have it on my com )
Heard good things about it. (works on iphone and other i devices)

But I want to know if this service is running & a reboot is done, what will happen if the user has set password for logging into windows???
If he doesn't log himself and if you don't have the password, you of course keep out of the gui, unless you are allowed in some guest session with your own password or none.

And what if I have the password?? I tried this at home with 2 laptops & connection through my own wireless. The system which I wanted to access remotely, I installed the TeamViewer installed version with the system service activated. But once the system is shut down I lose the teamview so how can I enter password remotely??

Secondly if I am allowed through guest session I guess the access will be limited. Does guest session allows full accessibility??

Actually as I mentioned this is the first time I am getting acquainted to remote connection things so asking many questions. Dont mind if I ask anything stupid or dumb.

Thanxx
Naren

But once the system is shut down I lose the teamview so how can I enter password remotely??
I don't know about Teamviewer; generally speaking, if the remote system is password protected (i.e. shows the logging window when rebooting), the remote desktop software should be installed as a service for all users and load before the choice of a user. If impossible, no other choice remains but to boot the remote system directly to some user without a password.

The question (again, i never used Teamviewer but other softwares like VNC and Radmin) is whether Teamviewer, installed as a service, still needs the interaction of the remote computer user (i.e., accepting a connexion request). Another issue is of course to ascertain whether the remote computer has a static or dynamic ip: in this last event, you need to use (also running as a service) a dynamic ip redirecting service (e.g. NoIP/NoIP DUCS).

Secondly if I am allowed through guest session I guess the access will be limited. Does guest session allows full accessibility?
It depends of what the rights for this guest have been set to; of course, a more secure option would be not an anonymous guest session, but a dedicated session for credentials known only of you and other authorized people with proper rights.