System Notification Sounds

Hi Folks,

I am using CAVS Beta 2.0.7.14 and I am wondering if anyone else gets these “System Notification” sounds that get generated occasionally that are NOT accompanied by a dialog box?

hlb

Hi hlb

I don’t think CAVS has sound implemented at all… does it? I don’t remember CAVS ever making a sound on my system.

Hi Kail,

Thanks for the reply. It is the “System Notification” sound coming from Windows. I.E. Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices Properties, Scroll down to Windows, Scroll down further to System Notification. That is is sound that is generated. It doesn’t seem to happen if I close CAVS.

hlb

Hello,

I think I solved this problem by enabling and starting the following services:

COM+ Event System
System Event Notification

hlb

Thanks for posting the resolution hlb.

If it’s OK with you, I’ll mark this topic as [RESOLVED].

Hi Kail,

I,m sorry but I thought I had it licked until I re-enabled HIPS. I had forgotten that I had done that and now the “System Notification Sounds” have returned since enabling HIPS. I think it might be related in some way to HIPS.

hlb

OK, you had better add this to the Bugs Report for Beta 2.0.7.14 topic… maybe some other beta testers can reproduce it. However, a new version is due out very soon & I’m certain Kishor will not have sufficient time to address this. So, you will probably need to retest this against the new version when it’s released.

Hi Kail,

Thanks for the reply and I have posted it in Bugs Report for Beta 2.0.7.14.

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,5211.msg44308.html#msg44308

hlb