System Idle Process? [Closed]

when i start Battle Field2 and i log in. my computer stops working for a while and when i look in log
he is blocking a lot of system idle processes. i have already allow Bf2 in firewall and D+
what can i do?

Blizziestorm.

Do you have a router, if so, does it use UPnP?

Fortunately that doesn’t slow down my system… I keep getting those.

this is my event log.i only care about system idle and svchost becouse the other blocked apps ware my choice to block,but i don;t want system idle and svchost to be blocked(also hear annoying sounds from my hdd).this is great program but i think the default settings waren’t chosen properly.i’m running firewall on train with safe,defence+ disabled,xp sp2,i don’t have a router,

[attachment deleted by admin]

I believe have a similar issue when running utorrent scheduler, if i turn the scheduler off i get connections if I turn on the scheduler, I loose all connections and I get lots of “system Idle Process” blocked processes. I have noticed that there is a second process that starts when the scheduler is turned on.
I hope this helps?

hi,
user of outpost pro 4 , i used comodo firewall version 3, i am wondering why the systeme idle process want to get a connection, because under outpost, there is not one.
I would like to have more information of systeme idle process

I’m now getting my ftp client blocked. I have added it to my trusted applications with no effect.

I dont know what’s going on, but it seems that my intrusion attempts are in the thousands now thanks to system idle process being blocked on everything it seems. Should I be worried about these “intrusions” or are these messages just false alarms? If they are false alarms, I would appreciate it if someone tell me how to get rid of these warnings.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that System also seems to be giving a lot of blocked events too.

Late reply. How do I check if it uses UPnP?

I had the same problem when I downloaded the original CFP V3. However, a day or 2 following the initial release, the current version came out. I uninstalled the original installation then installed the updated version. No more System Idle Process files needing my attention.

Good Luck.

For me these are inbound connections that are blocked, mostly from port 80 of known and some unknown addresses, so have no effect. Source seems to be some controversy, but leaving them blocked seems to cause no problems. To get them out of the system log, I added a rule ahead of the block and log under firewall/advanced/network security policy/system that says “block/in/tcp/any/any/http ports/any” and the intrusion counter stopped counting them and the log stopped logging them. Apparently the counter only counts if you generate alerts/logs with them, so if yours are from some other source, you can add a similar rule. And reset the counter by turning Comodo on and off. :wink:

This has been mentioned multiple times already, so I"m going to merge this thread with another one in a moment…

Also, the answer to “What is System Idle Process” is explained by Egemen the developer manager himself:
https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/syetem_idle_processes_being_blocked_help-t15032.0.html;msg107974#msg107974

So sorry for closing down the party, but if we want to continue it must be held at the other thread :■■■■