I searched this forum extensively but have not found a thread similar to my problem.
My system freezes due to Comodo under very special conditions:
- System (Windows XP) in idle state (i.e. screensaver on after some 10+ minutes)
- Antivirus is updating during this time (Avast! v4.7)
- Comodo pop-up asking for action
When I come back to my computer, I can
- re-animate computer (i.e. screensaver disappears)
- sometimes still access open windows (i.e. firefox, win explorer etc.), but NOT actually work: no typing possible
- impossible to close comodo window, i.e. cofirm/deny any action.
After some more seconds (the more frantic you try to click around the faster…) the whole system freezes. Rien ne va plus, not even task manager (Alt-Ctrl-Del), only system reboot via emergency button.
Comodo log shows no entry for this whole episode!
I think it strange that Comodo asks me time and again about Avast. I have defined it several times as “Trusted application”, but still during some special updates (maybe program updates?), Comodo kicks in and asks me again about this “Unknown application”.
Everything goes well if I sit in front of the comp and can answer immediately, but if I am not present, the system freezes as descibed above.
My questions are thus:
a) Has anybody exprienced similar problems during system idle time?
b) with avast antivirus or any other application?
c) Is it normal that Comodo asks time and again for antivirus updates, even if you define your AV as trusted app?
Thans for any help here!
Additional info on my config:
Windows XP SP2, latest security updates,
Firewall: Comodo v220.127.116.115, Win firewall disabled (well, how comes…)
Antivirus: Avast! v4.7.1098 (Built Dec2007)
Computer newly set-up in early Jan 2008, no virus, spyware etc. since detected on system.