Switching SATA port caused CIS cannot be started error[V6]

I encountered this bug while switching the hdd from one sata port to another - windows recommended a system restore point which was selected. The first thing that displayed was cmdagent could not be started. I followed Comodo suggestion and ran a diagnose with no success where CIS asked if a report should be created which was approved.

Since the diagnose could not fix the issue and the CIS could not be uninstalled the solution was found in C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Installer (in XP/Vista/8 it might be different especially in XP) which managed to install CIS, however it did not solve the issue but it did make CIS appear where all application are shown making it possible to uninstall CIS.

Here are the report

If anyone encounter similar problem where CIS can’t be uninstalled try then to go to, if Windows 7 is the primary OS, C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Installer, click on the setup and follow it. Now the possibility to uninstall CIS should be achievable. Then install it again. I hope this helps

[attachment deleted by admin]

Just to be clear, did you select an older system restore point to restore to?

Also, was this exact same version of CIS installed at the time of the older restore point (assuming you had restored to an older restore point)?

Thanks.

PM reminder sent.

I selected the one windows recommended however I did not look which one was selected but I assume the most reason restore which should have been create after CIS 5.10 or 12 was upgraded. How do I see which system restore point was selected?

Please try checking the system logs and see if they can tell you which restore point (meaning a restore point from which date) you used.

PM reminder sent.

For the time being I will move this to the Non-Format Verified section. Please let me know when you are able to create a fully formatted format.

I will :slight_smile: I will need to find some time to do it :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (version 6.3.294583.2937)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Valentin N has informed me via PM that this is not easily reproducible. I will therefore move this report to Resolved. If this can be reproduced on demand I will move this to the main bug reporting board for processing.

Thank you.