Switching from ZA: "Safe" applications, stacked versions...

I’m seriously considering switching from Zone Alarm to Comodo (it’s been recommended to me “on all fronts” :slight_smile: ), but I still have a few doubts (mostly about the things that bug me with ZA):

-I don’t want any “safe applications” feature. This is annoying in ZA since it doesn’t care about my preferences (to NOT automatically set up the system for me) and occasionally I found e.g. MS Word with approved internet access in the Program Control list (which I would never approve, of course). My paradigm is: Don’t allow anything in or out unless I explicitly approve it (either by setting it up manually, or getting asked for permission each time until I set up a rule). Is this an “issue” in Comodo (as it is a “feature” in ZA), or is it just an option which can be turned off (by skipping the initial system scan, initially) and actually remains that way?
-If a new version of an application is installed, will the rule be updated (manually) without keeping the old version’s access there? (ZA somehow keeps stacking all versions of previous applications, so whenever you delete such an entry, you will see the application’s (old version) rule there again; however, it will only be seen next time when you open the Program Control list again. To effectively delete an application, you have to click some other tab, maybe even close the UI, and return to the Program Control list until such application is no longer there (i.e. until all previous versions (hidden/stacked underneath the latest) are deleted.) That is, are all the rules that exist clearly seen in the UI, and no previous versions are approved?
-How well does Comodo handle occasional intense P2P traffic and UDP connections?

Commodore64, welcome.

-CFP is very flexible in the options. Right from installation, you can set it to paranoid level if you wanted to avoid all the built-in “safe applications”. Of course, you can change it further after installation
-You don’t need to update the rules. e.g. I uninstall x program version 1 and then install x program version 2. The existing rules remain on the same program (assuming same file name and path). But if I simply just uninstalled x program, I’ll have to manually purge the associated rules on it if I want them gone from CFP. There is a purge button in each respective option screen (Firewall and Defense+) that instantly detects obsolete (rules on files that are no longer on the PC or if the paths have changed) and allows me delete them at one time
-No problems in terms of CPU & RAM usage. I run uTorrent all the time when I’m online.

Thank you for your quick reply. As per the rules updating on new versions of applications: So Comodo will only check the path? Not the hash/signature (whatever it’s called) of an application? That may (albeit rarely) be a weakness… :-\