SVCHOST.EXE

I wonder if anyone can help me.

Everytime i switch my computer on, just after windows has loaded. Comodo keeps continually flagging up SVCHOST.EXE as a very high security risk. If i click allow it won’t leave me alone, so i end up having to click deny 4 or 5 times. I would tick the checkbox so it remembers to allow it but when it flags up these messages, the checkbox isn’t available, so i have to keep clicking it manually every time i start the computer.

Please can someone help me ?

Hi firewaller, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Svchost.exe is a very important service in Win XP, it’s used for a great many things. To help us help you, you might want to look at these posts:

Why does svchost.exe need to connect to the Internet

Important - Please read before posting

Toggie

Why is svchost.exe shown in the event log as blocked every few seconds. Your post says it is neccesary and recognized as safe by comodo

Could you post you log donewell, then maybe we can see what it’s doing.

This is my log, I 'm new to this and don’t know if i’m doing it right!

[attachment deleted by admin]

I’m having the same problem.
After one hour of using Comodo Firewall 3 on My Windows XP sp2, I got 1000 “intrusion attempts” blocked. It is all from Svhost.exe and system.
It seems Comodo has made some rules automaticly wich blocks incoming traffic to these two proceses.
I attached a log as txt file, but its a html file(dont know how to export to txt from comodo) so you have
to change the extension.

Regards
fille1000

[attachment deleted by admin]