Suspicious behaviour

I am a new Comodo user and now worry for the following alerts.

P\Gametime Plus\GametimePlus.exe has loaded P:\Gametime Plus\GTUtil.dll into the Parent application P:\Comodo\Firewall\cpf.exe using a global hook which could be used by keyloggers to steal private information.

P\Gametime Plus\GametimePlus.exe has loaded P:\Gametime Plus\GTUtil.dll into P:\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe using a global hook which could be used by keyloggers to steal private info

Do I need to worry about these alerts?

Thanks.

Welcome BBB

Gametimeplus.exe appears to be related to some kind of on-line poker game. If this is not something you use, then you may want to investigate a little further.

Toggie

Try some online scanners:

http://virusscan.jotti.org/
http://www.virustotal.com/en/indexf.html

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, Gametime is a program related to Online Poker. It is a add-on program to Poker Tracker. How would I investigate it a little further?

I tried the online scanners and no problems, thank you.

I could understand if Gametime loaded into Poker Tracker or to the Poker software but why is it loading into Comodo and into Firefox?

Thanks.

While these alerts seem confusing (to me as well ;D), the general tip is to allow the alert if you recognize both programs as trusted, otherwise there’s a possibility that your program will temporarily lose net connection and it’ll have to be restarted. This particular alert must be from Monitor Dll Injections (a feature in Application Behavioural Analysis).

It’s sometimes hard to remember that CFP is a firewall at this point and can’t decide whether or not something is bad, but only alerts some activity as suspicious.

I can see how it’s related to Firefox, because of the “heads-up” display for opponent stats. It’s hooking into FF in order to display the info (acting like an extension for FF, when it’s actually not for FF).

As to CFP, though, I don’t know. Perhaps since CFP is controlling the gaming application’s access… If you create/add a rule in CFP’s Application Monitor, to allow gametime+.exe to connect, do you continue to get the popup alert?

LM