Support for IPV6?

The firewall component stops me using the IPV6 tunnel to watch video online. How can I change some settings to solve this crash ?Does CIS support IPV6 so far as now?

bump!

the firewall is insecure for ipv6 traffic then or does it block it by default?

for those interested by an alternative, Look ‘n’ Stop firewall is fully supporting IPV6 protocol and is available for x64 system as well but only available freely as a 30 day trial… :-[

Soon, in 2 years maby, IP v6 will be the new standard…
But for now noone uses IPv6… Noone! :o :o

I don’t see the need as for now. =S
MagisDing, that app of your must support ip v4 also otherwise it would have no users…

Ipv6 is being used by millions of people.
Many ISP’s have already switched and almost all governments are pushing new laws to make sure IPv6 becomes the new standard sooner than later.

Europe is especially pushing this hard.

In my country alone about 30% of all connections can choose between IPv4 or IPv6

Apart from that 99.9% of all windows Vista and windows 7 users are connected to the IPv6 internet through one of the IPv4>Ipv6 tunnels that is installed and enabled by default on those versions of windows.

try this

firewall->advanced->network security policy->global rules->add-> allow ip in where source address is any destination address is any protocal is custom 41

“CAN CHOSE” only 30% in your country CAN CHOSE. far from all of those 30% will use ipv6.

Standard by FAR still remains and that is ipv4. Of course ipv6 is coming, but as for now “almost” none uses it.

According to google, on oct 15 2008 there where about 1 million IPv6 users.
Daily statistics for AMS-IX show that 0.16% of their traffic is IPv6

Google’s documentation also states, that if Windows clients prefered IPv6 instead of IPv4 the amount would jump to 97% of all windows users connecting over IPv6(using teredo)

both google and AMS-IX show a daily increase

Iam not saying its not important, but rather that its not that big of a problem as for now since few uses it…(in my opinion very few uses ipv6) 88)

I think the same as you thou, support for ipv6 should be there some time soon, if it not already is… =) (:LOV)

wow you;re fast

I completely re-wrote my post based only on facts to remove any speculation and opinion

I looked on the web for whatever I could on this subject and came to the conclusion only .2-.4% of all systems and networks actually use IPv6. Many use a tunneling protocol with IPv6 to access and use IPv4. So although this is coming (later than originally thought), it is not here yet.

Even at 0.4% that still means 6296000000 users.

By December 31, 2008, 1.574 billion people were using the Internet according to Internet World Statistics.[9]

• bump *

when are u going to add this feature already available with Look’n’Stop, Outpost Firewall,… ?

Systems that use Windows Vista, fully support IPv6. Fully supports, also means, you dont have to touch anything, IPv6 is activated, by default. Windows Vista was released worldwide January 30, 2007.

Software that uses IPv6, I’ll just say 2, Mozilla Firefox (since version 1.5) and Internet Explorer (since version 4.01 :o). I could say one more, utorrent. Well, how many people use these applications and have Windows Vista? How many peolpe are insecure?

This information applies to PC’s and notebooks.

A version of CIS 4 (4.1 for example) will support IPv6, don’t expect that to come soon though… v4 is either end of year or beginning next year. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Josh

why is it so difficult to add this support sooner if this is just a protocol ?

I’m just curious, what, exactly, is it that you require the firewall to do, in terms of support?

So, why so little IPv6 traffic?

Well, the biggest issue is money. Specifically, the department of commerce estimates it will cost $25 billion for ISPs to upgrade to native IPv6.

And this massive expense comes without the lure of additional revenue since IPv6 offers diminishingly few incentives nor new competitive features to attract or upsell customers. In many ways, IPv6 in the United States is much like the high definition television federal mandate (but without the mandate or the really crisp looking football games).

Perhaps the biggest problem is that IPv4 works. And works well.

While IPv4 addresses are still relatively plentiful and cheap, ISPs and end customers have few incentives to migrate to IPv6. Some recent research even suggests IPv4 addresses may be more plentiful than previously believed. This tech report found that less than 4% of allocated addresses are actually occupied by visible end hosts. The authors concluded that most Internet space is likely, in fact, unused (though allocated).

All of this lack of IPv6 adoption has lead to quite a bit of hand wringing in the ISP technical community. While not declaring IPv6 a failure, discussions do wander into questions about “premature extinction of IPv6″ or whether “IPv6 is an exercise in futility”.

The Future of IPv6

It is now clear the original optimistic IPv6 deployment plans have failed.

While the end of the Internet is not near, neither is IPv6. At the current rate of adoption, we are a decade or more away from pervasive adoption of dual stack support for IPv6. As Alain correctly notes in a recent IETF draft, “The IANA free pool of IPv4 addresses will be depleted soon, way before any significant IPv6 deployment will have occurred”.

So IPv6 adoption will take far longer and will look far different than most of us expected back in 1994 when the IAB announced the selection of IPv6. Clearly things need to change, including IETF and vendor exploration of other technologies to facilitate IPv6 adoption such as better NAT interoperability or lighter weight dual stack.

Do the math. 0.4% of 1.574 billion people using the Internet is not 6,296,000,000 users (6 billion 296 million). Quite impossible!