Supply command line arguments for sandboxed application

After I created a shortcut on the desktop to run an application (chrome.exe) in a sandbox, the command line looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\virtkiosk.exe" -v "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"

Q: How do I provide command line arguments for chrome.exe?

At first sight, there are two ways:

"C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\virtkiosk.exe" -v "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --profile-directory="Profile 2""
"C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\virtkiosk.exe" -v "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --profile-directory="Profile 2"

Regarding correct syntax, the first one is not valid because only the path to the executable must be enclosed in quotes.
The second one is not valid because the arguments look like arguments for virtkosk.exe, not for chrome.exe.
The additional problem is that the arguments for chrome contain quote characters.

Ok, the second way does work. But doesn’t this assume that the “-v” option is the last one in the command line for virtkiosk.exe? And it assumes virtkosk.exe has no “–profile-directory”. Well, that’s very probable, but let’s assume that the sandboxed application has the same “-x” option as virtkosk.exe has:

virtkiosk.exe -v "c:\...\prog.exe" -x

You see? Just by looking at it, how do you know whether -x is for prog.exe or for virtkiosk.exe?

Interesting. Aren’t arguments stripped while using ‘Run Virtual’ task to create virtual shortcuts? I think it translates as no support for arguments from a naive of point of view.

Ok, so it works somehow - but it’s not officially supported. That’s the essence of the story? :slight_smile: Well, it’s ok.

I think there is a problem because, if you click a hyperlink somewhere, the default browser opens not sandboxed as specified at
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ChromeHTML\shell\open\command
which points to
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” – “%1”

We could prefix it with the path to virtkiosk.exe, but if parameters for the sandboxed applications were not supported, the linked page wouldn’t open automatically. I haven’t worked with the sandbox until lately, but another problem seems to be running the same application sometimes inside and sometimes outside the sandbox because there can be concurrent changes to files that exist in the original folder and also in the virtualized folder. Am I right?

I’m not sure what to say on what is intended. Created a report (Bug 1694) and will keep you up-to-date, if possible.