Strange ICMP and IGMP connections!

Hello everyone,
Recently i have been getting strange Outgoing IGMP connections from system (Pic 1). I am using windows 7.My main concern is that I don’t know why these exist and that there’s no option on how to block them!I tried adding a rule but only TCP/UDP/ICMP/IP are available.Also i have noticed some UDP Out connections (Pic 2) .Do you guys think it’s a trojan or something?

As this wasn’t enough i have been getting a lot of ICMPV6 connections from programs like audiodg ,VLC,windows media player and foxit reader (pic 3). Do you think these programs are trying to update or?

Lastly, i am having svchost.exe connections from various ports (as shown in pic 1,2,4 and 5). Do you think these connections are normal? Is there any way to find out if these are good to go?

I am still a newbie in firewalls so I would really appreciate any help,thank you!

[attachment deleted by admin]

The first screenshot is showing System generating IGMP traffic from an IP address in the 169 range where svchost.exe and other apps are generating traffic from an IP address in the 192.168 range.

An IP address in the 169 range means Windows does not see a network or DHCP server; it will then provide an IP address its self in the 169 range. Svchost.exe and the other programs are using an IP address like you would expect with a computer hooked up to a router.

The second screenshot shows System using both the 169, and 192.168 IP addresses. I think this reflects that Windows initially did not see a DHCP server and made the 169 address, then it saw the DHCP server (your router). The refresh of View Active Connections tends to be a bit slow and probably showed the two IP addresses at the same time because of that. Unless you see this shortly it is nothing to worry about. When you see it for minutes on end and have connection problems then let us know.

Also i have noticed some UDP Out connections (Pic 2) .Do you guys think it's a trojan or something?
Are you referring to the traffic at port 137 by System? That is standard NETBIOS traffic. Your computer is looking for file and folders to share over the local network with other computers.
As this wasn't enough i have been getting a lot of ICMPV6 connections from programs like audiodg ,VLC,windows media player and foxit reader (pic 3). Do you think these programs are trying to update or?
Most likely for update and look up of metadata (think information like artist, title,etc) for played media files for the Media Players. The traffic for Pidgin is most likely to the people who are also on line.
Lastly, i am having svchost.exe connections from various ports (as shown in pic 1,2,4 and 5). Do you think these connections are normal? Is there any way to find out if these are good to go?

I am still a newbie in firewalls so I would really appreciate any help,thank you!

The outgoing traffic to port 53 are DNS look ups for Windows and other applications.

Just a couple of comments to add. The two strange looking connections that begin with fe80 are IPv6 DHCP requests (uses ports 546 and 547). The foxit alert is also associated with IPv6 but this time it’s an ICMPv6 Neighbour Discovery request (this is similar to ARP in IPv4)

Both of these are quite normal for a Windows 7 PC as IPv6 is installed and active by default. If you’re not currently using Ipv6 (check with your ISP) you can disable the protocol stack and you can also disable filtering for this kind of traffic in the Comodo firewall.

If you want to disable IPv6 completely you can follow this tutorial by former moderator Toggie/Quill.