A. THE BUG/ISSUE: Virtual kiosk does not run (error attached) or only runs once and next time errors when I have applocker DLL control on.
The problem appears to be due to DLL control in Applocker. I use this as CIS does not control DLLs well and it has never caused me any problems.
Something is making it load DLLs from strange paths which are being blocked. At one point this spread to other programs and many 64 bit programs crashed. Turning off DLL control in applocker makes everything work. I have attached a sample error message from the event log.
I also have had a load of these errors suddenly vanish from the event log as if the writing had been virtualized and then cleared. Only the virtual kiosk appears to be running virtualized.
- What you did: Ran virtual Kiosk
- What actually happened or you actually saw: It did not run
- What you expected to happen or see: It should run
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: Reboot and retry and retry with Applocker off
- If a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?:
- Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware): Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 64 bit
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen: Run virtual kiosk
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):
B. FILES APPENDED. (Please zip unless screenshots).:
0. A diagnostics report file (Click ‘?’ in top right of main GUI) Required for all issues): attached
- Screenshots of the 6.0 Killswitch Process Tab (see Advanced tasks ~ Watch Activity) or 5.x Active Process List. If accessible, required for all issues:: attached
- Screenshots illustrating the bug:attached
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs:
- A CIS config report or file: attached
- Crash or freeze dump file: N/A
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version:
C. YOUR SETUP:
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration: 6.0.260769.2674, proactive config
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS: No
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): Selected Proactive
- Defense+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall & AV security levels: Safe
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 7 SP1 64 bit any user UAC on max.
- Other security and utility software currently installed:None
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed:Older versions of CIS
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box)[color=blue]:No
[attachment deleted by admin]