strange alert at boot

Hi all,

I had just booted and logged in when Comodo alerted that “awft32.exe” wanted to access the internet. I didn’t allow it because I didn’t know that program.

The problem is I have thoroughly scanned the machine (including system and hidden files) and I can’t find that file anywhere. Nor is there any record of the alert in Comodo’s logs [any of the logs, I checked them all].

The computer is only a day old and has nothing on it but Windows 7, a bit of Dell support ■■■■ that I have yet to remove, and the latest versions of Comodo firewall, Avast antivirus, and the LibreOffice suite. Checking the web was not helpful … the file “awft32.exe” legitimately is supposed to be some kind of firewall tester from Atelier Web, but nothing like that is installed.

Has anyone else seen something like this? I have been using Comodo firewall for years and have never seen it warn about something I couldn’t find.

Very confused,
George

When checking the comodo logs, make sure that you check the firewall logs and that you right-click among the entries and then click “entire period”

When checking the comodo logs, make sure that you check the firewall logs and that you right-click
among the entries and then click “entire period”

Thanks, I know about the log period. There isn’t any record anywhere of the alert I saw.

George

In that case I’m not sure, is logging enabled in the advanced settings?

Virus Total thinks the file is probably harmless.