Straight answer to a simple question

So it seems after 2 posts in bug reports and a PM to the head developer concerning CIS that my simple question will not be addressed anytime soon, so as we say in good French, je tire ma reverence, which means goodbye, I will however check the main Comodo page from time to time for updates, but I will no longer be part these forums since I can’t get any feedback when required, I’m simply disgusted :-TD
You won’t be seeing me in the forums since they are counterproductive in my view concerning individual preoccupations
Good luck to all of you here
Xman :frowning:
Regards to all

Way to stand ground X :-TU

Good luck, and hope you calm down and come back sometime soon. :wink:

hum…

What was his simple question?

Guess we will never know! 88) ;D

Yeah. :-TU

Found post here: https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cisv4/comodo-internet-security-40664127486-bug-reports-t49848.0.html;msg358064#msg358064 and here: https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cisv4/msi-error-roll-back-while-installation-t51005.0.html;msg364455#msg364455 here again: https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cisv4/comodo-internet-security-40664127486-bug-reports-t49848.0.html;msg358020#msg358020and finally: https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cisv4/help-cis4-wont-work-for-me-t50973.0.html;msg364257#msg364257
Cheers all :stuck_out_tongue: ;D

Why was he posting questions on the BETA corner if he was asking about v 3.14

or

Why is he airing discontent on the released product forum if he was actually a BETA user (a privilege that few have achieved).

Alan

Why is he airing discontent on the released product forum if he was actually a BETA user (a privilege that few have achieved).
Trying to figure that out is like trying to figure out "How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?" :o

:smiley: The world may never know >:-D

If you both Alan & Jay2007tech read it right you’d see that this concerns the MSI installer package containing CIS V4 instead of having it packaged as a setup.exe install which works perfectly when installing CIS V3 contrary to the MSI package which has caused some failed installation attempts for a few forum members
Regards
Sorcerer

As you have shown there are several posts in the beta boards. One of them in the bug thread so I am pretty convinced it has the devs attention.

If you both Alan & Jay2007tech read it right
I read it just fine, I was just having a little fun with my post. That's all

Now explain 0xC0000417 & 0x01149b64 followed by CIS-Setup.msi error 1603 fatal error during installation when it arrives at the kernel driver install and then rolls back the installation in failure.
CIS v4 fails to install with a perfectly working Windows XP Home SP3 MSI V4.5 installer.
Sorcerer

I never bothered to search for his posts or to read them.
I have now looked at your links and only 2 out of 4 have XMAN posts,
but I agree that he wants a setup.exe instead of a MSI.

I stand by my second question.
He has an issue with a Beta product,
so why bad mouth the Beta forum in the released product forum ?
Why did he not say farewell to Beta in the Beta forum,
or did he change name to ahmedhhw ?

He appears to have quickly lost patience.
I thought the idea of using/testing a Beta product was to give feedback of things that merit improvement before final release,
and product developer’s decide upon relative priorities of what to fix first,
and it happens when it happens,
but taking time-out to answer every question on the forum will only delay software development.

I think he had a bad attitude.

I do however fully support the desire that he NEVER bothered to express on this forum.

When I was first given this second-hand Laptop I was horrified to discover tons of *.MSI rubbish.
One of the worst offenders was Windows Live Messenger.
This had been through many updates, and every update came with a new and larger MSI.
On every update the latest MSI had the ability to replace the previous executable code,
but STUPIDLY left all the old MSI in situ.

For every 1 GB of executable code that comes out of MSI, there is 1 GB of redundant MSI that has to be retained.
There may be exceptions to this, but in my experience if the MSI is deleted then the executable code cannot be un-installed or upgraded.

I vote in favour of setup.exe instead of *.MSI
BUT this is something that belongs in the WISHLIST forum.

Alan

When I was first given this second-hand Laptop I was horrified to discover tons of *.MSI rubbish.
This had been through many updates, and every update came with a new and larger MSI.
On every update the latest MSI had the ability to replace the previous executable code,

For every 1 GB of executable code that comes out of MSI, there is 1 GB of redundant MSI that has to be retained.
There may be exceptions to this, but in my experience if the MSI is deleted then the executable code cannot be un-installed or upgraded.

I vote in favour of setup.exe instead of *.MSI
BUT this is something that belongs in the WISHLIST forum.

Alan

Now we’re on the same page Alan, please feel free to post this request in the Wishlist thread since I 2nd the motion whole heartedly :-TU
Regards
Sorcerer :slight_smile:

Thanks

Now posted and voted at https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-wishlist-b147.0/

Regards
Alan

On a practical note w

By the way: us mods think Sorcerer = X man.

I do however fully support the desire that he NEVER bothered to express on this forum.

The way to go here is Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. With the tool you an remove all installer related information for an application. Once that is done you can run the installer for that same program again like it was never installed.

In case you want to fully uninstall a program you deleted the .msi information for you can either install and uninstall or manually delete all folders and registry entries.

I vote in favour of setup.exe instead of *.MSI BUT this is something that belongs in the WISHLIST forum.

Alan

:-TU

Tried the cleanup utility, doesn’t work. I removed Windows Hotfix for V4.5 MSI Installer from add/remove panel after running SFC /scannow from command line to verify Windows system files integrity which includes MSIexec in Windows/system32 folder no corrupted files found but I still proceeded with the Hotfix uninstall then rebooted and reinstalled MSI Installer V4.5 and tried to install CIS V4 2nd beta release, failure again, nothing doing, went back to CIS V3.14 again with no problems with the setup.exe format.
What more can I say? :frowning:
I voted for the return of fail proof Setup.exe for CIS V4 in the poll started by Alan Borer ;D
Sorcerer

Cleanup Utility - something else on the download shopping list for removing Comodo ! ! !

When I first received this laptop there were many MSI installers for Live Messenger, and many more for DiskKeeper - and I think a few other applications also had more than enough MSI.

I forget the precise guidance I received at that time, but I understood that for at least some of these applications the latest installation was not fully dependant upon the latest MSI, but that it required the continued presence of previous MSI. It is of course possible that the advice might have been different if this cleanup utility was known of at that time.

I notice that M.$. stipulate that their cleanup utility is only for Office 2000/XP/2003, and specifically NOT for 2007.
I cannot help asking, if Comodo use MSI installer :-
should Comodo be classified as Office XP etc. type product and supported by the cleanup utility ;
or does it fall into the Office 2007 group that really needs something else ! !

I have yet to forgive M.$ for the colossal clutter of Messenger MSI they left on this P.C.
and I do not think I will ever forget their evil actions ! ! !

Regards
Alan