Stopping auto updates [RESOLVED]

How can I stop Comodo firewall looking automatically for any updates, I dint seem to be able to find the uncheck box as it’s something I don’t want it to do.

Cheers

Hello,have you tried app monitor>click cpfupdat.exe>Edit>deny>ok

Yes I have, makes no difference.

Hello Kentish, try tasks>banned application.Hope this helps.

But if its banned, won’t that stop manual updates?

Hi Guys,
Just to explain the update feature of CPF, cpfupdat.exe is responsible for both manual and auto-updater, so banning it is not a solution as you won’t be able to get manual updates.
But still if it is bothering you, you can ban it and can allow it before running manual updater.

Within this month an update is going to come that will have a check box named “Enable auto update” in “Security - > Advanced” section, it will be by default selected, you can automatic update by de-selecting that.

I hope this will solve the problem.

Cheers, I will wait for the update then.

Wow! Now let me see if I have it right:
To Enmesh.
You wrote:
“Within this month an update is going to come that will have a check box named “Enable auto update” in “Security - > Advanced” section, it will be by default selected, you can automatic update by de-selecting that.”

So…when I find the check box named “Enable auto update” in “Security - > Advanced” section, it will be by default selected. By “selected” that I assume that that means “Auto update” will be enabled, and by “enabled,” I assume it means that “auto update” will now work.
Then you say: “You can automatic update by de-selecting that.” What the heck does THAT mean?? You can Automatic update by de-selecting that? What the heck are you talking about?? And even if I understood your words (you can automatic update), why should I de-select it when it’s enabled??