STOP 0x9c Machine_Check_Exception

Hi, just donwloaded and tried to install actual Comodo Firewall.

There had been no problems installing the firewall, but after an reboot, Windows doesn’t boot correctly but gives me an BSOD with exactly this error.

after recovery, comodo isn’t installed, as expected, but Windows boots correctly.

Done this three times, with no success.

I have a german Win7 x64 Professional.

Anyone ever had this error?

tia daRecall

Anyone ???

Hi, just downloaded and tried to install actual Comodo Firewall.

There had been no problems installing the firewall, but after an reboot, Windows doesn’t boot correctly but gives me an BSOD with the error in the subject.

The only choice is to do an recovery and after that, comodo isn’t installed, as expected, but Windows boots correctly.

Done this three times, with no success of getting an normally booting Windows.

I have a german Win7 x64 Professional.

Anyone ever had this error?

tia daRecall

Could you attach to the post minidumps that are located in C:/Windows/Minidump folder?

Did you have any Comodo products installed on your computer before?

What other security software do you currently have installed?

Also, what security software did you have installed on your computer in the past that you have now removed?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but these cover the types of problems that most people run into.

Sorry, there are no actual dumps, the last one is from november 2010.

I’m not sure, if Windows creates dumps during boot.

regards
daRecall

Hi Chiron,

no only on its predecessor, and only Comodo Firewall V4, since I knew of problems with CF5 and daemon tools, which I am using.

AVG 2011, Punkbuster? (I don’t think, its offending), DaemonTools (I don’t think, it interferes with CF - Installation, but it doesn’t function out of the box with CF5)

I had Online Armor installed, but I didn’t like it as much as CF, so I digged through the forums and found a solution for Daemon-Tools, so I decided to switch to CF again.

regards
daRecall

hey and warm welcome to comodo forums!

I am sorry to hear that you’re having problems. Could you tell me what you have had for security before?

Regards,
Valentin M

daRecall

Use comodo’s CIS clean up tool in safe mode as admin and then try to install CIS as admin.

Add daemon tools and AVG (if you get high cpu usage) here CIS —> Defense+ —> Defense+ Settings —> Execution control Settings —> Detect shellcode injections (i.e. Buffer overflow protection) —> Exclusions —> Add —> Browse…

Regards,
Valentin N

As there where double posts, I have merged them, sorry if it messed up the reading a bit.
Please try to prevent double posting in the future.

No problem :slight_smile: thanks for merging them :-TU

Regards,
Valentin N

Hi,

could you give me a point where to find the ‘CIS clean up tool’ ?

I can’t find it on comodo’s site, or do you mean the System-Cleaner?

Thanks in advance
daRecall

Here you go.

Thank you VERY much ;D

I thought the cleanup-tool wouldn’t do anything, because i never installed CF on this computer, but after running it, I could install CF5 :-TU

Windows up and running together with Comodo Firewall, finally.

Greets
daRecall

:-TU