still problems with scanning VPK files [Issue Report]

and scan one time a SINGLE file which is larger than 40 mb with the context menu scan, with default <40mb setting of manual scan. does it say 1 file scanned?
(then it does scan files larger than manual scan settings say. as this was anyway a CONTEXT MENU SCAN :slight_smile:

i try to tell you how to see what i mean.

context scanning does not scan memory, else I would not receive different counts for different files with the same settings (e.g. 1, 2. 6, 114).

Scanned two video files I DL’d just today. Files scanned: 0
The system is correct.
Please post a wishlist.

can you seperate the posts which have nothing to with the initial main post about the bug, into a general topic? its started as i answered to your “for starters post”. as the off topic isnt about a bug. just about to find out if theres a difference between manual scan and context menu scan. like the different names indicate, and the (maybe) different behaviour. the name should be: “which setting of manual scanning is valid for context menu scans?”

that you noted “context menu doesnt scan memory” told me, it must be my mistake that i thought you would have made one result with a manual scan. misread your post about your test.

it seems as if your test showed, the reducing of the amount setting affects the context menu scan, so far. maybe i have to make my own tests too. (again) :slight_smile:

what we can conclude at this point is:
at least not every manual scan setting affects the context menu scan (memory scan for example)

if these settings would affect it, i would have expected for example the “update the database before manual scan” would affect the context menu scan. because that would make sense.
but the restriction of scan amount of a manual “whole drive” scan has no sense for a context menu scan of a single file, as the user want to scan the file intentionally.

i scanned without an effective restriction (as no file can be larger than the HDD amount of bytes). you didnt tested the BUG, you tested if a setting of manual scan affects context menu scan (what it, unfortunately, surprisingly for an antivirus, does in comodos case)! to test the BUG, load a VPK FILE which is smaller than your restriction setting. and some of them dont get counted as scanned. is it so difficult to understand that? i even give you examples, and a link. in the report. and the scans take too long too, when packed.

Thank you for your Issue report.

Moved to verified.

Thank you

Dennis