Stealth ports wizard not working? [RESOLVED]

Hi I am having problems with the stealth ports wizard. I was trying to set it to ‘stealth ports on per case basis’, which is the second option. I click finish. But everytime I go back it is still checked on the first option ‘stealth my ports to EVERYONE else’. I even tried the third option, click finish and it still goes back to the first option. The reason I need this is because i cannot use emule, it gives me a lowid when connecting. Is there some known bug like this? Otherwise other things in the program seem to work fine.

I’m sure someone will come along and answer this better than me. but my understanding is, that when you go through the “Stealth Ports Wizard” it’s creating a set of global rules.

So after you choose Stealth ports on a per case basis, it creates the global rules. Then look under Firewall, Advanced, Network Security Policy, Global Rules, to see the rules that it created for you.

So in other words, if you deleted your global rules, then ran the “Stealth Ports Wizard” what it’s doing is just creating the rules for you. I don’t think that when you go back to the stealth ports wizard it should be set on what you chose before, It’s just starting over. After you run it, check your global rules.

If I’m wrong, someone will let me know so I can learn too.

Yeah I think you may be right on that (:CLP). I had two things in global rules so I erased them. It seems to be working now. The only thing I have in global rules now which was created is Block ICMP from IP any to IP any where ICMP Echo request.

Hmmmmm I’m thinking about yo’re saying about the issue, COMODO remembers your settings but the GUI in that case always point the radio check in the first option, I mean that the GUI don’t refresh the options, in my case when I get disconnected from the Internet and open the COMODO Summary Pagestill shows me the traffic when it shouldn’t because I’m offline.

(B) (L) (R)

I, too, have yet to be able to get the Stealth Ports Wizard to work, at least according to the firewall test on the GRC.com Shields Up! web site. Only 6 ports show “stealth” and all others are “closed.” NB: no matter how may times I run the test, the exact same ports always show stealth and closed.

I am not behind a router. My ISP is Earthlink DSL. My OS is Windows XP Home Edition, version 2002, Service Pack 2 and my browser is IE6, both with all updates installed. I have Comodo Firewall Pro, version 3.0.17.304, updated today.

I’m not a computer expert/enthusiast, just a simple home user. Going through the often confusing posts from search results for “Stealth Ports Wizard” and “Shields Up,” I have already tried modifying the Global Rules under the Network Security Policy, i.e.,

-Block ICMP In From IP Any To IP Any Where ICMP Message Is Echo Request

-Block ICMP Out From IP Any To IP Any Where ICMP Message Is Echo Reply, and

-Block And Log IP In From IP Any Where Protocol Is Any

are the first three rules I now have listed followed by those placed by the Wizard. I still cannot get CFP to pass the stealth tests at Shields UP and other firewall testing sites.

I believe a true/real “Wizard” would address/solve the stealth problem but so far it has not. I will continue to search other posts in the forum but I think I’ll be switching back to Sygate Personal Firewall. It always passed the Shields Up test and is much less complex than Comodo.

Any simple advice/suggestion(s) would be much(!) appreciated.

Try this simple utility to find out your WAN and LAN IPs. Do they match? (just in case)

Thanks for the reply. According to IP2, the LAN and WAN are quite different.

What’s next?

That means, that you are behind NAT and it is not CFP fails tests, but router. Nothing to worry about.

Many, MANY thanks! And for the Wiki link, as well.

No problem :slight_smile:

Topic will be closed. If you want re-open it for some reason, contact any on-line moderator.