Starting Comodo AntiVirus Scan with Microsoft Task Scheduler

Ahhh. So when Comodo won’t let it install, how do I override?

I don’t actually know if that is the part Comodo has a problem. I don’t even know if the software has a macro recorder, I was just saying if it did that could trigger it. It could also be the fact that the Pro version has the ability to run as a service, which Comodo may feel is suspicious. It could even just be a false positive on the installer.

I think the installer is probably clean, but you can submit it VirusTotal.com and see if any other malware apps think the file is suspicious. If it looks like a FP, then submit the file to Comodo as directed in this post.

If it looks like a false positive, you should be able to just click ignore or add the file to the exclude list in order to install. If Comodo still has a problem with some file after installation, then do the same steps mentioned to report a false positive.

hi guyz,
its all well and nice, but the basic fact is CIS should have the capacity to be ‘run’ from other progs like FDM or Sylpheed.

What is the use for a scheduler for me when I want the downloaded file to be scanned, once download is complete !!!

Perhaps Comodo-team believes that this capacity is not necessary since a downloaded file is “inert” till it is run/opened and Comodo will real-time-scan-it at that time. If so, that is OK.

But, seeing that CIS has a context-menu/explorer integration, from which one can run the AV check on file/folder -
what exactly is run from that context menu?
and
why it cannot be run from another program?

thanx/rgds

I agree that to be considered a full featured product, Comodo should implement some command line arguments for various features on their AV engine. (Virus DB update, shell scan, etc…)

However, I also agree that it’s really an unnecessary step to scan a freshly downloaded file if it is going to be scanned on access. From a resource standpoint, it’s not very efficient to scan a file any more than it needs to be.

I agree that to be considered a full featured product, Comodo should implement some command line arguments for various features on their AV engine. (Virus DB update, shell scan, etc...)

I am not sure about this feature availability in the CAV. I did search through CAV forum - and I found that in 1 post there is a reference to such a provision - that is run the AV scan from another prog.

If that is so, I can’t understand why it is not present in CIS.

I can understand the logic, as I’ve stated before that a D/L file is ‘inert’ and one is secure as long as real-time-scan is ‘active’. BUT I still want the ability especially for my email software (Sylpheed) to do an AV check on download. Hope Comodo team can make it in .485 ??? release
:slight_smile: