start up

the last 3 or so days, whenever i start computer, it takes 5 or so minutes to be able to log on…it finaly logs on and works great once it logs on, has only been fairly recent. its not my computer,i have 2 and its both taking long time to load dragon…any ideas?

Which operating system are you using?

Also, can you please let me know the exact CIS version number?

Thank you.

hi, thanks for your respond. i am using windows7 64 bit. other computer is also windows 7. also,dragon works fine, its only when i use dragon virtual that i have the extended delay. this happens on both computers.

In your first post you also said that the problem was that it takes 5 minutes to log on. Is this still happening?

Also, can you please copy and paste the exact CIS version number?

Also, list any other security products which are currently on your computer.
Also list any which you used to have installed, but are now uninstalled.

Are you using Trusteer Rapport?

Thanks.

hi,
i am using avast as well. thats all i use. let me see if i can find version of comodo

ok,i give up…how do i find out what version i am using? i think its the latest one

On your computer does CIS look like the image I have attached? If so click on the question mark icon and select About. This has the version number, which you can copy and paste.

Also, do you have the antivirus component of CIS installed, or are you just using Comodo Firewall?

In addition, if you don’t mind testing, can you see what effect uninstall Avast has on the situation?

Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

i am running comodo anti virus and other thing,malware? and yes the pic looked just like my screen

ok,going to uninstall avast

avast uninstalled…problem still persisting

Okay, if you don’t mind there’s one more thing I’d like you to try. This will allow me to rule out a lot of possible problems.

Please follow the methods I recommend in this post in order to uninstall CIS, run the removal tools, and reinstall it. Also, don’t forget to run the Avast removal tool after uninstalling CIS, but before reinstalling it.

Please let me know if the problem persists after reinstalling CIS by following these steps. Also, be sure not to import any rules from your old configuration. See if the problem persists with a completely default installation.

Please ask me if you have any questions about how to accomplish what I outlined above.

Thanks.

ok, thanks…bed time here, tomorrow,nite

ok… uninstalled cis. reinstalled cis, newest version was much longer of a download, 15 minutes as opposed to 5 minutes. however virtual dragon is loading normal speed now. but firewall does not auto load, i have to click desktop icon. no biggie though i dont mind doing this but i do miss the auto load firewall.

So if I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that everything is now fine except for the Firewall not auto-loading. Is this correct?

Also, I’m not sure what you mean when you say that the firewall does not auto-load. Do you have CIS installed or Comodo Firewall? Also, what makes you think it’s not automatically loading?

Sorry, I’m just trying to understand so I can help.

i have cis installed, includes the firewall. yes firewall needs to be manualy turned on via clicking desk icon

firewall not loading, because it does not appear on top right of desk top. and when i try to “show hidden icons” on bottom right of screen, when i click comodo icon, it says not on. unless i manualy click cis icon on desktop first

Can you please post a screenshot of what you’re referring to? Sorry, I’m still a little confused.

Also, can you let me know if the widget shows up before you click on the CIS icon?

no widget shouing up. i reformated,reinstalled cis…works great, everything does. the only think that is was is i had versoin 6, after reformat, the cursor was not working with some games,bout weel later there was an upload,and another one after that,i think somehow that caused cis not to work right, but after this reformat and re insulation its great. thanks for all your help

Okay, I suppose that since a format fixed this there was something on the computer which was interfering, but I’m glad to hear it’s working now.

Be sure to let me know if it starts misbehaving again. :smiley:

will do! again thanks