Start-Up Delayed For About One Minute [M819]

I’m not sure why proactive security has it enabled. However, regardless it shouldn’t be causing the issues you are experiencing. Thus, this definitely seems like a bug to me and I hope it will be fixed.

I had to reinstall OS. And now it’s back! :cry: At least apps aren’t crashing anymore.

Aaaand it’s gone again. I give up, before my brain explodes.

Do you mean that if you again enable “Enable adaptive mode under low system resources” the apps start to crash?

I’m saying that without it they don’t crash. In fact, without it CIS is working just fine.

Have you tried leaving “Enable adaptive mode under low system resources” enabled and see what happens? Sorry, I’m a little confused by your wording. Is this bug still present on your machine or can this issue be considered resolved?

Thanks.

It’s still there. Re-enabling it didn’t change a thing. Regarding this bug, that is. As far as crashing apps goes, it didn’t comer back.

Thank you. I’ve updated the tracker and the first post accordingly.

I’ve seen some start-up delays with Win8.1-64bit also.

Thank you. I’ve updated this in the tracker as well.

The devs have not been able to replicate this. They have asked that you try disabling as many programs as possible from starting with the computer. Then see if the delay still occurs. If it does please create another video and a new Process List.

Thanks.

As this was not fixed during the Beta testing period I will move this bug report to the main Bug Reporting Board.

Please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

I had this again on clean OS installation. The trick was to re-enable adaptive mode, after restart it was all good again, even after disabling it again.

Okay, part of the difficulty here, at least for the devs, may be that they do not have enough information. I have just put the main format in your first post. Please fill it in completely, replacing the question marks with your responses. Do this for what happened after you reinstalled the OS, as that will rule out many possibilities.

Thanks.

1. Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
    Install it on clean OS installation. AFAIK, doing clean install of CIS also works.
  2. If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
    1: Install Windows (8.1.1 in my case)
    2: Install CIS.
    3: I unchecked adaptive mode before restarting, but as it turned out, it didn’t make difference.
    4: After restart only few apps started, rest started firing up after minute or so (see video).
  3. If not obvious, what U expected to happen:
    Startup sequence shouldn’t be stalled by CIS.
    If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?:
    Nope.
    Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
    None.
    Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
    I fixed it be re-enabling adaptive mode. After restart apps were starting at once. Re-enabling adaptive mode didn’t do any change to that.

B. YOUR SETUP

1. Exact CIS version & configuration:
    7.0.313494.4115, Proactive security,
  2. Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
    See previous answer
  3. Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
    Adaptive mode disabled
  4. Have U updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5 or CIS6?:
    Nope
    if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
    N/A
  5. Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
    Nope
    if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
    N/A
  6. OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
    Windows 8.1.1 x64, UAC disabled, admin account
  7. Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
    a=None b=None

Thank you for that. I just updated your first post so that it is in the full format. I also edited some parts. Please look over it carefully to make sure that my changes are correct.

Also, especially important are the steps for reproduction. From your responses I altered these significantly from what you put. Below is what I wrote:
1:Make a clean install of Windows 8.1.
2:Then install CIS before installing any other programs.
3:Change the configuration to Proactive Security and restart the computer.
4:After restart only few apps started, rest started firing up after minute or so (see video).
5:This can be fixed by turning adaptive mode on, restarting the computer, and then turning it back off and restarting the computer. After that it’s fine.

Is this the correct sequence which you can take in order to reproduce this each time? If not, what should be different?

Thanks.

Yes, those steps are correct, except the last: one restart is enough to fix it.

In order to fix this should Adaptive Mode eventually be off or on, or does it not matter?

Thus, which of the following (if either) should the final step read in order to be entirely correct:
5:This can be fixed by turning adaptive mode on and restarting the computer. After that it’s fine.
or
5:This can be fixed, when adaptive mode is already on, by turning adaptive mode off and restarting the computer. After that it’s fine.

I only needed to change setting. Didn’t matter if from on to off, or vice versa.

Thank you. I’ve updated the first post with this information.

Also, this is a very strange bug. I will pass this information on to the devs and see if they can replicate it.