A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
Yes. Every time.
If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened:
- Install “StarCraft II”.
Link : http://dist.blizzard.com/downloads/sc2-installers/full/StarCraft-II-Setup-enUS.exe
Mirror : Comodo Forum
- Go to “Advanced Settings” > “Security Settings”> “Defense+” > “HIPS” > “HIPS Settings”.
- Enable the following option : “Enable enhanced protection mode”.
- Restart your computer system.
- Run “StarCraft II”.
One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
After approximately 5-10 seconds of loading, your computer will automatically restart with no warning given & no BSOD (dump file is not generated).
One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
The game should reach its initial loading screen & work as it normally would in the past versions (eg version 7). There should be no conflict.
If a software compatibility problem have you tried the advice to make programs work with CIS?:
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
StarCraft II Patch 2.1.7 (latest version to date)
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc:
- The entire process of Windows recording that a BSOD happened is completely thrown out and the only indication something happened in Event Viewer was that Windows did not shut down cleanly. No Blue Screen, no crash dump, no BugCheck event, nothing.
- After disabling “Enhanced Protection Mode” option, the problem no longer occurs. I’m also very surprised that Enhanced Protection Mode actually will take effect, despite HIPS being turned off by default upon installing the program to begin with. I would have implied that Advanced settings for a particular component would not function, should the component itself be disabled.
- Disabling Intel-VT in BIOS corrects the problem, allowing for “Enhanced Protected Mode” to be enabled and both games will properly load without restarting the computer system.
- I would like to also point out, “Heroes of the Storm” (Home - Heroes of the Storm) will cause the same problem, as it has a similar engine to that of “StarCraft II”. Less people would have access to the present version of the technical alpha, but I wanted to let you folks know that this was primarily used for testing the problem on my end.
B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
184.108.40.20637 | Configuration : “Internet Security”
Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
I’ve enabled “Enhanced Protection Mode” option only.
Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5 or CIS6?:
if so, have you tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
if so, have you tried a standard config - if not please do:
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
OS Name : Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro | Version : 6.3.9600 Build 9600 | System Type: x64-based PC
UAC : default | Account type: Administrator
V. Machine: Not used
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
[attachment deleted by admin]