Starcraft 2 don't work

Hi

Starcraft 2 does not work when I have CIS 5 installed even if I use Gaming Mode. It crashes on startup, but after I uninstalled CIS 5 the game worked perfect so there must be some problem between Starcraft 2 and CIS 5.

Best regards

I had the same problem - it started after applying 1.1 patch. I had to disable sandbox at all, adding starcraft II.exe to trusted applications made no effects. After disabling sandbox I can play without problems.

Is there anything in CIS’s event logs? Use CIS’s external browser (C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cfplogvw.exe) it’s more comprehensive.

Does Starcraft 2 work with either the Sandbox or Detect Shellcode injections disabled? It would be best to try disabling them one at time, rather than both together.

PS Welcome to the forums jarmro.

If i’s Ok I will move this to help for the moment.

If it’s discovered to be a bug we will move it back

Best wishes

Mouse

You might want to look at this post, https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-help-cis/starcraft-2-shellcode-injection-t62129.0.html, that’s how I solved the crash.

Thank you for your replies, I appreciate it! I switched the sandbox on and disabled Detect Shellcode injections , but game started to crash again. The Blizzard Error Reporting tool indicates e_gfxErrorOutofMemory. There are several lines in CIS’s event logs: SC2 and SC2Switcher added to sandbox, direct access to display, access to DNS/RPC. The only way I can play is disabling sandbox.

Instead of doing that, follow the following link steps: Comodo Help, and add the offending executable to the exclusions list. Also, use Game mode before running the game. I have no problems running the game like that.

I put also SC2Switcher.exe to trusted files (SC2.exe and starcraft II.exe Id added before) and hurrah! - game works without disabling sandbox completly. First I put these file to exlusions at shellcode injections without making SC2switcher trusted app. but the game was still crushing (just like when I disabled shellcode injections at all). So theres no change when enabling/disabling Detect Shellcode injections, game works when adding these 3 files to trusted app. in Defense+ panel.