Stand-by or hibernate?

Hi! I have just installed BIClean after reading some very good reviews and following some threads in Majorgeeks… My first impression of the application is very good but I wonder whether there is a way to circumvent the following issue: if I check the option " monitor system continuously" to enable real-time protection, my system never goes to stand-by or hibernate mode (as is expected I guess from the fact that it monitors the system every 10 seconds or so). But, as I work in and out of my office all the time, a power managemenent scheme is necessary. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

gs1,
Welcome to the forum!

Are we talking laptop?
What are your “Power Options” set to?

Thanks for the reply, ~cat~!
No, I am using a desktop. Settings are to induce stand-by after 15 minutes and hibernate after 45 minutes. Any ideas?

I haven’t run into this that I recall… ??? but I don’t use “hibernate”.
Have you tried adjusting any of the settings?
These are mine on my laptop.
I’ll switch over to my desktop and post it’s settings in a second.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for posting the settings, ~cat~.
What puzzles me is that it is BOcleaner that seems to interfere with stand-bay/hibernate: as soon as I tick “monitor system continuously”, without changing any of the other settings (for power management or otherwise), the system does not go to stand-by (the hard disk seems to be working all the time or at least its red light “blinks” continuously…). If I un-tick “monitor system continuously”, then power management works again…

I have “monitor system continously” enabled (as default) and my Dell desktop computer can go into stand-by.

http://www.imgplace.com/directory/dir3820/1198164337.png

My PC won’t go into hibernate or standby with boclean set to continues either. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanx