Spybot S&D (windows problems)

Hi, After running a scan(spybot S&D) these two were displayed. Windows security centre disabled and Windows security internet explorer (changed). I’ve googled both the first seems to be no problem but i don’t know about the second! Also can i use both S S&D and ST immunizers together until CFP v3 & CMG are released? Stuartm

Greetings!

The first one is pretty easy to figure out what it means. About the second one, I guess you’ll get that if you have ‘Allow active content from CDs to run on My Computer’ and ‘Allow active content to run in files on My Computer’ allowed in Internet Explorer.

Go into Internet Explorer->Tools->Internet Options->Advanced tab, then scroll down to Security (near the bottom), and uncheck both of the options I mentioned above, and Spybot S&D shouldn’t find anything.

Windows security internet explorer (changed) means that there’s been a ‘bad’ change to your Internet settings, which might make you more vulnerable to malware.

Yes. I’m using the Immunize-function of Spybot, Spyware Terminator and SpywareBlaster together without any problem. As they’re a prevention method, you can use as many as you want, since they won’t conflict with eachother.

Cheers,
Ragwing

Greetings back to you. I have read about this & tried unchecking the options security options but they ain’t there! Btw triedthis before asking for advice. I am wondering whether to let it be or let spybot do its stuff? Thanks Stuart