Spybot S&D 1.6 Beta

For any of you that use this (is it really of use?), it’s now moved up a bit.

This program is too old and out dated. Needs a new GUI and slows your pc down when scanning. I will keep my SAS and MBAM.

I have to change its skin as the default one is difficult to read (low contrast).
This version is quicker than 1.52; I left it set to use one processor, so other things were working OK.
Looks as if there are some new functions due soon.
As its on-demand and not essential I let it d/l the Beta updates just to see what’s new.

I tried Spybot 1.6 Beta out.

1.5 did take 30 mins to scan, This one is faster as said, 7 mins to scan.

Atleast they are working fast on it now… All credit goes to them. SAS still leads though, with all due respect.

Josh

:BNC Finally a bit faster . Now it takes a minute to scan 88)

Xan

It’s about time they began re-designing their scan engine, I will take a look at the final release :slight_smile:

Looks really good. It took only 4 minutes to scan!

Cheers,
Ragwing

I always had certain sympathies - with the obvious exception being the tea timer function - for this proggie (even if being somewhat bashed for that by some), but what about the tea timer status in this new beta version? Not a resource hog anymore? (Haven’t tested it in this new beta version yet).

Might try it tomorrow.

Cheers

The REBOL

I might also test the final version… The new scanning engine implements were designed for 2.0 but people were complaining.

Josh

Hey Josh (:WAV)

Most of us are certainly aware of your former identity, and even aware of them hard minutes we were missing you so badly.

So why all this advertising? (:NRD)

You really don’t need that. We’ll respect you anyway. (:AGL)

Cheers (:SHY)

Identity crisis? The sig. is so that he can remember who he is today.

Beta installed. Seems to work fine. Immunization database seems to have grown a bit.
(There’s still the phenomenon that, if using Opera, some cookie immunizing or, whatever they intended here, seems not to work as intended. I guess they are heavily in need of Opera’s sourcecode, lol)
Otherwise, nothing to complain about, yet. Scanning is a BIT faster now.

I recommend using it as an additional layer, if nothing else.

:■■■■

It has been changed.

Josh

Not only that, but for the better I’d say. (Seeing there’s no Vista mentioning in it yet…) (:TNG)

Cheers Josh

:■■■■

So any one comment on its stability / detection? I heard that 1.5 really declined with its detection.

The only improvement was speed AFAIK :slight_smile:

Xman, I’ve split your posts into a new topic, which can be found here.
This topic is for discussion about Spybot - Search & Destroy, so please continue discussions about other products in an already existing topic, or create a new.

Cheers,
Ragwing

I don’t know why you guys and girls complaint so much about Spybot. In my opinion it is a great security application and free (not the most important :a0 )!

I use it ever since and never had complaints about it. It won’t find what other alike tools don’t. Does it make a bad one?

Maybe as a backups backup ;D But not for a second line defense ( the first one is a firewall) :slight_smile:

I kind of agree with you. But the first line of defense is not a firewall but your common sense. The 2nd line of defense is the use of a great Firewall :slight_smile: