Spy Emergency

Just came across this, so I thought we could discuss it here. Does anyone have any experiences with this antimalware product? I myself haven’t heard of it before, but before I came here, I only knew about AVG and Avast! kinda :stuck_out_tongue:
Should be very popular, as it got 284,281 downloads from download.com in one day (unless they count old versions)…

Cheers,
Ragwing

(:NRD) I have (:NRD)

Let’s see

Pro : clear and intuitive GUI
Cons : Recource user, slow scanning, decent signatures however still below par
Overal : it does have the looks and it could become better but for now it is to low on signatures and to recource heavy

Satisfied Soya ? ;D Need any other product discussed :slight_smile: → Ask me or Commodus :-*

Xan

The interface is soooo Nortonish (2008) ;D They want to get you by their cool black interface ;D It’s boasts that it has over a million signatures ( but the number doesn’t matter to me)

I would stick to SpywareDoctor :slight_smile:

Xan - It’s Ragwing, not Soya ;D They both use that samurai from Shaman King ;D

Screen shots:

http://www.spy-emergency.com/content/view/29/46/

LA

■■■■■■ !! Fell in their trap again :o . ^_^.

@ Commodus : It can look like norton perhaps, however you now don’t have that HUGE green thingy telling that Norton keeps sleeping and that virusses keep going around on your pc :THNK. But I like the interface, it’s clear and tell you what it should tell you. The rest, you know … Norton style 88) → Fail Fail Fail

Xan

But god ! How many “new” (I mean new for us) security companies are showing up :o China, Slovakia (SpyEmergency is from there, well NOD32 is from there too, that might tell you something 88)) India and other countries. :slight_smile: Well I think it’s good - the users will have more choices (price, detection,support and other criteria) and the bad guys will have to work harder (take a BRAKE you [ at ]$#!* ;D)

There is one thing I’ve never really understood with these so called antispyware programs. Some of them seem to do the same as antiviruses, and sometimes even more?

Spy Emergency is the anti spyware, anti malware, anti spam solution that fast and secure removes spyware, malware, spam and other internet threats from your computer. Spy Emergency protects you against thousands of various infections and potencially unwanted software, including spyware, adware, spam, virus, trojans, worms, homepage hijackers, remote administration tools, activex components, dialers, scumware, keyloggers, data mining software, toolbars, tracking cookies, browser, hijackers/BHO's.

Just look at that. Anti-everything? Still it’s not called antivirus?

LA

You think that’s good ? 88) I don’t know…

Unless a huge changement in their detection comes, nothing will change, how many antivirus product their are. Also, don’t you think that virusses will only get more complicated and more difficult to detect and delete ?
I don’t know, we’ll see what the future brings us

Comodo Internet Security ? :smiley:

Xan

Thanks for the fast replies guys!
I won’t use this one (or any other AV), as CFP 3 does a good job protecting me. It could’ve got me if it was black and dark green, but black and orange, no.
But Xan, I wouldn’t take slow scanning as a cons. Slow scanning means that it’s actually doing something, not just browsing thru all of your files on the computer ;D
And yes, it’s always good to have many chocies, but it might get confusing to all customers. And as India and China are growing a lot in the industrial and technial parts, I guess we’ll see a lot more security companies before we have to leave this world.

Off topic, but Sephiroth isn’t a samurai, and he’s not from Shaman King. Get your facts before you try to act smart (:WIN)
Now, let’s not start any new off topic, or Soya will come for real… Or lockpad-Josh…

By the way, stop writing! I’m trying to post :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,
Ragwing

Because it’s not an Antivirus, it’s antispyware - like SpySweeper, CounterSpy or SpywareDoctor. They always put a word virus in their reviews ;D

!ot! - I srewed up. :-[ But this Sephiroth surely looks like that character from SH ;D ( I mean - not scary ;D)

By the way, stop writing! I'm trying to post
LOL, me to ;D
But Xan, I wouldn't take slow scanning as a cons. Slow scanning means that it's actually doing something, not just browsing thru all of your files on the computer
But what's the point when it scans for hours and misses the half ? As stated also, it's detection is still to low :(.

@ the other one ;D : That’s why it’s called antimalware → it kills, or at least tries, to find and delete all threads :slight_smile:

Xan

Well, if it has great detection rates, why not let it scan thru all archives and everything, and keep your PC on during the night (unless it sounds like some factory)? Why does it have to be fast? Patience, Xan, patience…
Also, with most antisomething products, you can choose which extensions to scan, so that it won’t scan large files, like movies or music (collection).

Cheers,
Ragwing

zucht

:frowning: Ragwing >:( : Go see some ninja-movies ! :wink:

As said here

signatures still below par

here
But what’s the point when it scans for hours and misses the half ? As stated also, it’s detection is still to low .

I can assure you that it is missing the half and it scannes long.

SO …

Scannes very long and doesn’t find the half

Again = It misses the HALF even when it scannes for 3 years :stuck_out_tongue:

Xan

And what about false positives ? If it has many, it’s ■■■■, cos I don’t want to upload every file it finds as a threat to VirusTotal to see if it’s really dangerous :slight_smile:

The reason for why I don’t care about long scanning time is that I don’t use any antivirus :stuck_out_tongue:
But I wouldn’t care even if I did. When I used one, I always scanned during the nights. So it can scan twice or something, to keep the computer busy.

Cheers,
Ragwing

So after doing nothing, you want it to produce FP also? ??? How idiot is that. It’s not good already and you want to give it FP again.
Ragwing : If it was just for the scanning +1

Xan

I DON’T want FP’s. ;D It may be pretty good (I don’t care much if it’s fast or slow), but if it’s not reliable - than it’s not for me :slight_smile:

Spy Emergency is the anti spyware, anti malware, anti spam solution that fast and secure removes spyware, malware, spam and other internet threats from your computer. Spy Emergency protects you against thousands of various infections and potencially unwanted software, including spyware, adware, spam, [b]virus[/b], trojans, worms, homepage hijackers, remote administration tools, activex components, dialers, scumware, keyloggers, data mining software, toolbars, tracking cookies, browser, hijackers/BHO's.

(:WIN)

LA

LOL - told you ! ;D

If they put the word virus in the description, as well as many other things (not to mention “malware” - which really should cover ALL malicious stuff out there), I can’t see why it’s an antispyware and not an antivirus…

Anyway I guess it’s a bit off topic to decide which cathegory to put Spy Emergency in. !ot!

LA