I’ve tried disabling each service individually and all of them as a group, and I can’t figure it out. I’ve manually added a trusted rule for every .exe file in the \Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin folder. Nothing works.
This is causing me to reconsider Comodo as my endpoint protection. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
(That’s a private site, but it requires a login to function so I wouldn’t be braking any rules by emailing the .jnlp file to a technician.)
I have the same problem.
I’m receiving this error when I’m trying to open java based KVM web console to cisco servers.
Trying disabling D+ or adding exclusions to Java folders does not help.
In my case it helps disabling the firewall, but when it’s active and the problem happens, I do not see any events in FW logs.
Please let me know how can I help to resolve the problem, because this is the only thing I do not like in comodo.
Unfortunately, I don’t have anything Cisco to test, but all of these “Splash: recv failed” problems are due to incorrect firewall rules. There’s a similar thread, in which I posted an answer, here Likewise, the answer to the problem posted by MOster - a couple of posts above - is similar. See images.
This is the problem - there are no alerts from FW it just blocks the program internally without any logs.
If there were some alerts - great, I would see what is trying to connect where and no problems.
The way I found out what is trying to connect where - I created an allow all rule with logging from it - i saw what exactly was trying to connect where.
My firewall is running in safe mode.
From general settings I have selected:
Automatic detect new private networks, Show trustconnect alerts for public networks, show traffic animation in the try.
My alert settings are:
Alert Frequency level - low and all the check-boxes are selected.
Under advanced - nothing is checked.
My version is: 5.9.221665.2197.
P.S. if the FW would ask to allow or deny these java applications - there would not be any posts here in the forum.
Unfortunately, the lack of alerts and consequential lack of log entries, is a by-product of running a ‘safe’ application in ‘safe’ mode. The general idea being, people don’t want to see alerts, more than they have to. That aside. the connection should still have worked, as the type of rule created - you could have actually seen the automatically created rule, if you’d placed a check in the box for ‘Create rules for safe applications’ - is generic (image).
In a nutshell, if you want to have control over the rules used in the firewall, at the least, check the aforementioned box, better still, use custom policy mode. Yes, you will get some alerts, but with alert frequency settings set to ‘low’, you should only see the alert the first time an unknown application is run.