Sometimes antivirus scanner gets stuck on one file

Can you check the windows eventlog and post the crash error for cmdagent here ?

Fel 08/09/2009 22:26:15 Application Error 1000 (100)
Händelsens XML-data:

0x80000000000000

Application
Vilma

cmdagent.exe
4a4e128a
pe.cav
4a4c3e43
c0000005
0000000000002e2c
3c8
01ca30c1b0117edf

I hope this is what you wanted. I’m in Sweden, so a few words are in Swedish:

Fel = Error
Händelsens XML-data = Event XML-data

Hi magnus71,

The version number in the crash suggests you are using CIS 3.10.x is that correct ?
If so please upgrade to 3.11 because a number of these crash causes have been fixed in that release.

That fixed it! The scan completed with no crashes. As I am not the OP I can’t change the thread title to “solved”, but as everyone else who posted her had the same problem, they will likely have the same solution. Perhaps a mod can update?

Thanks a lot for all the help!

I think I’ll leave it like it is, there are so many people who replied, hard to say it’s resolved for them all :wink:
Glad to hear yours is fixed anyway :-TU

Same problem as the other ones had earlier for me.
Antivirus just hangs the computer when it gets stuck on a file.

The only thing I can do is press the power button for more than 5 seconds to force the computer to turn off abruptly (without quiting windows. Doing it the really ugly hard and bad way!)
It also ■■■■■■■ a big download I was doing that should have been finished if it weren’t for this unwelcome buggy virus scan.

I’m using version 3.12.111745.560, so when if you think you are safe if using version 3.11 or later you are just wrong!

This is really unacceptable.
No matter what, an antivirus shouldn’t cause trouble for the OS, LIKE a virus. Worst case scenario could be that windows would be unbootable after this kind of hard reboot.
Changing to an update shouldn’t be a quick fix, there should never be an issue with the program itself. Have never seen anything like it in any other antivirus program.
Comodo firewall is top notch, a really good app, but your antivirus is really, really something else.
Now I’m going to get back to Avira antivir, which I used before. Even if they have troubles sometimes with the updates (with an overloaded server), their version at least doesn’t crash the computer…

When will you bring something to the table when it comes to an antivirus that is resembling something of a non beta version, IE a program that doesn’t hang randomly for a lot of people for no apparent reason???

I think mine just got stuck on a file with the new version of comodo, but then it finally continued lol

i’m thinking it didn’t actually get stuck but just showed a certain filename for a long time cuz afterwards it was in a whole different folder when it shouldn’t have been done with the folder yet <__<

Probably a compressed archive… It seems the scanner has a tough time on them…

What is guard64.dll ? Which process it belongs to? ??? Try to check it at virustotal.com

Same thing here. Scheduled scan is stuck on an audio file (.ogg). Running for 23+ hours.
(Core i7, 4GB, 3TB, CIS version 5.10)

Hi RGold,

Welcome to the forums!
Is that what the GUI shows or did you verify the ‘handles’ that cmdagent.exe has open once it’s stuck?

Can you please follow this post and see if that points in the same direction?
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/how-to-determine-which-file-is-causing-a-manual-scan-to-hang-t60554.0.html

When the AV gets stuck the Comodo Internet Security Helper service (cmdagent.exe) has crashed.

If you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

Also follow How to determine which file is causing a manual scan to hang to determine what file was causing the scanner to be hung. Please add this information to your bug report.