something weird just happened please help??

You’re welcome :slight_smile:
Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best Regards

Hey guys. I had another question ;).
I am not a paid member of geekbuddy, but downloaded it a while back, and i got some messages in ‘‘issue tracker’’ it said i had 1700 or so junk files, and it also says i have 2903 registry junk files. It also said microsoft office failed to reconfigure. what does all of this mean? Is it just spam? my Microsoft office works fine. it also mentions avastu.exe stopped running, but i have that uninstalled.

2943 junk registry entries have been detected on Windows registry. A live expert is ready to remove obsolete or unwanted items from registry, in order to improve the stability and performance of your computer.

AvastUI.exe has just stopped unexpectedly! This is usually a compatibility issue or you are using an outdated version. A live expert is ready to identify and fix the application now!

If Office seems fine I wouldn’t worry about that.

As for the junk files and registry entries, I would recommend downloading and running CCleaner. This will do a very good job of removing junk files. It also has a safe registry cleaner, which you can use to remove the obsolete registry entries.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Thanks chiron. I decided to run comodo cleaning essentials full scan to make sure everything was fine, and now i have a big problem.
I got to about the 55 percent mark on the full scan when it said i had 156 threats. I clicked the red lettering to see what the files were, and then I closed the window, and it stopped the scan at 55 percent(closed the whole window). I then had to restart the scan from scratch, and now i dont see any of the files. it just says 0 threats and im up to 58 percent now.
here is a screenshot of some of the threats(not even close to all) i had from the first scan. i dont understand why they arent showing up on this second scan…is it possible for malware to get ‘’‘tipped off’ ’ and now it’s hiding better from the scanner? i never quarantined or anything!
btw, does leaving wifi on while running the scan cause malware to change the results? i always shut wifi off/internet off during scans, but then i have nothing to do when it runs.

http://i59.tinypic.com/33utssz.png

so after downloading tdsskiller again, i did another cce full scan, and it said no threats found. cce has always detected tdsskiller as a threat, but this time it didn’t. does that mean it isn’t working properly? thanks

TDSS Killer probably got white listed. It is nothing to worry about if its digital signature is valid (that means it was not being tampered with).

One of rootkit scanner’s strategies is to checking the file system twice; once with default OS disk access technique and once with a direct read. Since these reads are consecutive it can produce false positives when the system is active. When the files don’t show up the second time it means the first detection was a false positive.

When dedicated rootkit scanners like TDSS Killer and gmer don’t find rootkit activity then assume you’re clean.

hi eric, i used tdss killer and that gmer one as well, which i think found nothing…hard to interpret though.
my big concern with comodo not flagging tdsskiller was that it always does, so maybe the detection weakened.

You need to establish that the digital signature is valid. If the digital signature is valid then it is not being tampered with; i.e. it is the file as distributed by Kaspersky.

The detection of the zipped executable as possible malware that later got revoked only means the initial detection by CIS was a false positive.