Some question about Defense+ and Firewall

This version is cool, has many good feature, but personally I think the surface(6.0 version’s surface is beautiful but a little complex) and some function of 5.0 version is more easy to use, and I want to ask some quetion.

I thnik auto-sandbox is different with [Run Virtual] funtion, it is more similar to [DropMyRights] and [Run safer], and the button [Reset Sandbox → Erase Changes] won’t affect auto-sandbox, it won’t clean any left over file, am I right?

Does auto-sandbox will conflict with another sandbox software like Sandboxie? I have tried to excute a program under Sandboxie and that Comodo treat it as a unknown file, I found Comodo won’t auto-sandbox it, Comodo will only use HIPS rule to handle it, but if outside the Sandboxie, Comodo will auto-sandbox it, I think that is gooding, can avoid conflict, but I can’t sure. And I found if use Sandboxie to open Windows explorer, and right click [Run in Comodo sandbox] on any program in Sandboxie, will get trouble, so I want to check does them will conflict with each other?

Does there have any method to skip auto update pop up window? It will pop up even nothing update. Also, my current antivirus is Roboscan, sometimes HIPS will pop up that a program(any program) want to access memory, the target is Roboscan’s real-time protection file, I think that is because Roboscan is scanning the program, is it normal?

About [Firewall Appliction Rules], I can copy rules from default rules like [Web Browser] when use [Custom Ruleset], but why if I make change on custom rules, it will also effect the default rules? In 5.0 version the default rules won’t change when I use custom rules copy from it. Can improve it? And if there have a function that can let user change surface, or can choose the surface like 5.0 version, it will be very nice.

The automatic sandbox or Behaviour Blocker as it is called in v6 works by limiting rights of applications. The non automatic sandboxed programs will be virtualised.

From the online help file from Reset the Sandbox:
Programs running inside the Virtual Kiosk store the changes to the files accessed by them inside the sandbox so that the changes do not affect the real computer system. Items stored in the sandbox/Virtual Kiosk could, depending on your usage patterns, contain malware downloaded from websites or private data in your browsing history. Periodically resetting the sandbox will clear all this data and help protect your privacy and security. If data has accumulated over a long period of time, then resetting the sandbox will also help the Kiosk operate more smoothly.

Does auto-sandbox will conflict with another sandbox software like Sandboxie? I have tried to excute a program under Sandboxie and that Comodo treat it as a unknown file, I found Comodo won't auto-sandbox it, Comodo will only use HIPS rule to handle it, but if outside the Sandboxie, Comodo will auto-sandbox it, I think that is gooding, can avoid conflict, but I can't sure. And I found if use Sandboxie to open Windows explorer, and right click [Run in Comodo sandbox] on any program in Sandboxie, will get trouble, so I want to check does them will conflict with each other?
I am not acquainted with Sandboxie. There are several posts about Sandboxie though.
Does there have any method to skip auto update pop up window? It will pop up even nothing update.
The pop up cannot be disabled. When not using the AV you could consider disabling the automatic update all together and only manually check.
Also, my current antivirus is Roboscan, sometimes HIPS will pop up that a program(any program) want to access memory, the target is Roboscan's real-time protection file, I think that is because Roboscan is scanning the program, is it normal?
Can you double check what program trying to access the memory of the other program. I think you may have target and source reversed.
About [Firewall Appliction Rules], I can copy rules from default rules like [Web Browser] when use [Custom Ruleset], but why if I make change on custom rules, it will also effect the default rules? In 5.0 version the default rules won't change when I use custom rules copy from it. Can improve it?
It does not happen on my system but if that happens then that is a bug and needs to reported.
And if there have a function that can let user change surface, or can choose the surface like 5.0 version, it will be very nice.
Such changes are not there. You can however make buttons to your favorite often used (advanced) menus on the main screen: [url=https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/getting-buttons-in-cis-main-screen-for-often-used-advanced-settings-menus-t89421.0.html]Getting buttons in CIS main screen for often used (advanced) settings menus[/url]

About Roboscan, indeed it will happen when excute a program that doesn’t recognize by Comodo. For example, a unknown program called new.exe, if excute the new.exe, one of HIPS’s pop up window will say that source application [new.exe] want to acess memory, and the target application is Roboscan’s real time application called [RSRTSrv.rse]. Also, this situation will rarely happen even when Comodo recognize source application. But also, this situation only happened when use Roboscan, use other antivirus won’t happen such situation.

And about [Firewall Appliction Rules], I don’t know if it is a bug, but in my PC, it is strange, too. For example, if you let Internet Explorer use [Web Browser] and don’t modify it, then let Firefox use [Custom Ruleset] copy from [Web Browser], even if you modify the custom rule, that won’t affect the default rule. But if you didn’t let any application use default rule first, for example, only let IE use [Custom Ruleset] copy from [Web Browser], if you modify the rule, such as change [Allow] to [Ask], it will also affect the default rule, when you after let other application such as Firefox use the default rule [Web Browser], the previous modification will remain, the default [Allow] part will become [Ask]. Should I report to [Bug Reports] board?

I try Virtual Kiosk, but it will not start, it just stay [Virtual Kiosk is loading] and at last it freeze my PC. My system is Win 7 32bit.

Also, Can you suggest work team that set a separate [return default] button for HIPS and Firewall? I think it will more convenient than reinstall in some situation.

Unknown files will be sandboxed by CIS and are not allowed to access other programs in memory.

And about [Firewall Appliction Rules], I don't know if it is a bug, but in my PC, it is strange, too. For example, if you let Internet Explorer use [Web Browser] and don't modify it, then let Firefox use [Custom Ruleset] copy from [Web Browser], even if you modify the custom rule, that won't affect the default rule. But if you didn't let any application use default rule first, for example, only let IE use [Custom Ruleset] copy from [Web Browser], if you modify the rule, such as change [Allow] to [Ask], it will also affect the default rule, when you after let other application such as Firefox use the default rule [Web Browser], the previous modification will remain, the default [Allow] part will become [Ask]. Should I report to [Bug Reports] board?
If this scenario reproduces then please file a bug report.
I try Virtual Kiosk, but it will not start, it just stay [Virtual Kiosk is loading] and at last it freeze my PC. My system is Win 7 32bit.
You're not alone: [url=https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/kiosk-trouble-with-2674-fixfor-me-any-how-t89200.0.html]Kiosk Trouble with 2674 fix....for me any how.[/url]
Also, Can you suggest work team that set a separate [return default] button for HIPS and Firewall? I think it will more convenient than reinstall in some situation.
The following is what comes closest to what you are looking for: [url=https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/getting-buttons-in-cis-main-screen-for-often-used-advanced-settings-menus-t89421.0.html]Getting buttons in CIS main screen for often used (advanced) settings menus[/url].

About Roboscan, I did not turn Comodo Behavior Blocker on, I disable it, I only turn HIPS on, so I think unknown application won’t be sandboxed. Maybe set [RSRTSrv.rse] as a [Windows System Applications] in HIPS rules will solve this situation.

About set a [return default] button, I mean I hope work team can set a option, let user decide whether user want to restore default setting in AV, HIPS, Firewall when if user make an unwanted chang and forgot previous setting. I know we can use the configuration option to export and import setting, but I think it is more convenient when user want to reset every setting to default and he can just click a button to do this.

+10

Please post this a wish in Wishlist - CIS board.