Some programs not working properly after upgrading to 7x

Hello!

I’m adressing to you because i’ve encountered a bug after I updated comodo to the newest version:

• I had 5.x and I updated to 7.x (it prompted me that there was an update)
  • Everything was running smoothly for the last year, no issue whatsoever
  • I use the following programs:

*Bitdefender (only antivirus)
*Malwarebytes anti-malware
*Trojan remover (only to do scans)
*Spyware blaster (web protection)
*Comod firewall (no sandbox) using safe mode
*CC cleaner
*System mechanic

The issue is the following (I have more so I’ll be opening a few posts):

Some of the issues are with CCcleaner and System mechanic, shutting down unexpectedly when running diagnostics (to determine if the pc has any issues to be fixed), it’s the first time i’ve seen this happen, and I didn’t update any of them in a week or so, so it’s not a bug from those programs.

Yesterday (before upgrading) everything was running smoothly.

I downgraded to 6x from a file that was posted by an admin in another post but it still shows those issues.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you for your time

Please try reinstalling by following the advice I give in this post and let me know if that is able to solve this issue.

Thanks.

Hello again!

I’ve done what you told me Chiron and the following happened:

I’ve deleted comodo, passed the registry cleaner several times and deleted any remaining folder. Then reinstalled latest version of the firewall.

It worked to the extent that I managed to shutdown the computer correctly but another issue happened. The computer started taking 5 minutes to shutdown, I’ve searched and found a solution by adding rules in HIPS for wininit.exe, etc that resolved it.

Now it seems to be working smoothly again!

Thanky you very much for your help,

I’ll let know if something starts behaving strangely!

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting me know how it went. I’m happy to hear that you are no longer experiencing this issue. I will therefore move this report to Resolved.

If anything else does go wrong please let me know.

Thanks.