some kind of problem

hello. i just registered. i use comodo internet security premiun 6 and, besides the fact that cce doesnt start in safe mode, the other day, comodo said it had a problem and if it should run diagnostics to fix it. i let it run the diag and it said that there are some errors but comodo couldn’t fix them and it created a report for me to send to comodo. so, i got about 3 reports to send… t hope this is the right place to show them. thank you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

From the information you have given I am not clear whether this is a bug/issue. I think re-installation should solve it.

For the moment I will transfer you to help so you can work through this issue with users and mods in this forum and hopefully resolve it. I hope that is OK.

Please ask any mod to move this report back to the bugs forum if it becomes clear that it is a bug/issue.

Best wishes

Mouse

ok. i reinstalled it and it’s the same: cce and cavscan won’t work in safe mode. cce says, in safe mode, that it isn’t able to start. so, it run diagnostics and said it has some problems and it created those reports i’ve attached. how can i tell if it’s a bug/issue? bug or issue isn’t, by far, the same thing? i don’t know how to move my post elsewhere. thank you.

Please try reinstalling CIS by following the advice I give in this topic. It includes some programs which should be able to cleanup any remnants which could, for whatever reason, be missed by the uninstaller. Please try reinstalling by following those methods (and yes, I’m sorry to ask you to reinstall again, but the methods I suggest are much more likely to solve your problem than a standard uninstall and reinstall).

Also, if you downloaded CCE as a standalone program (by that I mean not through the interface of CIS) please remove it and use the one provided by CIS.

Also, could you please list any security programs you currently have installed (or used to have installed) as this also could be caused by conflicts either with those programs or their remnants?

Thank you.