Some images and text don't match on some of the help pages

I looked at some of the help pages for version 7.x of Comodo Internet Security. This is what I noticed that didn’t seem right to me.

1. On the page Security Settings, an image shows Enable scanning optimizations (Recommended) as being disabled, yet below the image it says it is enabled by default and in my installation it is enabled. The link to Security Settings is Security Settings, Antivirus Software, Firewall Software, Virus Scan | COMODO Internet Security v7.0.

2. On the same page an image shows Do not show antivirus alerts as being disabled, yet below the image it says it is enabled by default and in my installation it is enabled.

3. On the page Behavior Blocker an image shows Enable Viruscope as being disabled, yet below the image it says it is enabled by default. In my installation it is disabled and when I watched a review of someone using the default settings and testing version 7.x of Comodo Internet Security, it was disabled. Was this originally disabled by default in some previous 7.x version and then in a later 7.x version enabled by default for all new installations? The link to Behavior Blocker is Behaviour Blocker, Network Access, Internet Protection | Internet Security v7.0.

4. On the page Firewall Behavior Settings an image shows Do NOT show popup alerts as being disabled, yet below the image it says it is enabled by default and in my installation it is enabled. The link to Firewall Behavior Settings is Firewall Behavior Settings, PC Firewall, Firewall Protection | Internet Security v7.0.

I also noticed that Define exclusions for behavior blocking is enabled in my installation yet on the Behavior Blocker page it is shown in an image as being disabled and the text says it is disabled by default. Is this enabled by default in Windows 8 with the Windows 8.1 update? Also, the image and my installation use the word “exclusions” yet the text on the help page uses the word “exceptions”.

Can you please edit your first post so that you are showing the links for each of these issues? That will help me judge how to best continue with this.

Thanks.

I added the links and corrected a mistake I made regarding one of the page names.

I think the image just shows what happens after disabling that one option, which was enabled by default.

I think this is likely the same issue. The picture is likely not meant to display the default configuration.

Again, the image may not be meant to be representative of deafult settings. However, as Viruscope is no longer enabled by default, the HELP file should be changed to explain that.
Please create a new bug reporting topic, in the format provided here, for this issue. Once that is done I can forward this specific issue to the proper Comodo employee.

Again, I believe this image was likely not meant to show the default configuration settings.

Can you please post a link for this, or explain where it can be found.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

I don’t understand what you mean by saying that the images I mentioned likely aren’t meant to show the default configuration. For instance, why would disabling Enable scanning optimizations (Recommended) also disable Do not show antivirus alerts? Also when I went to each help page nowhere did I see any explanation that the default configuration wasn’t in use.

If you still want me to, I’ll create a report about Viruscope. I just don’t want to create the report if it turns out that isn’t necessary.

Regarding the requested link, it is the same link I posted in paragraph four in my first post. It’s Behaviour Blocker, Network Access, Internet Protection | Internet Security v7.0.

Okay, now the Help Files are up and running again. Sorry, when I last checked they were down for maintenance.

I think the images on the pages are meant to show users the general layout, and not the default configuration. That is why no text ever describes them as showing the default configuration (correct me if I’m wrong about that). That is why I do not believe that the images are an issue.

However, I absolutely think it would be worth creating the other bug report about Viruscope no longer being enabled by default. Once you create that I will forward it to the proper Comodo staff.

Also, I think it is worth creating yet another bug report for the mistake where they seem to refer to the behavioral blocker exclusions as exceptions. If you create another report about that I will forward it to the proper Comodo staff as well.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Okay I understand what you are saying about the images. I will create a bug report over Viruscope being shown on the help page as being enabled by default and another bug report over the use of the word “exceptions” versus “exclusions”.

Do you know if by default Define exclusions for behavior blocking is enabled in Windows 8 with the Windows 8.1 update installed? I never enabled that setting myself. When I click on the link called Exclusions a new window opens with Metro Apps being shown as the only exclusion. Under Metro Apps there are two things excluded. The first is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps* and the remaining one is C:\Windows\system32\WWAHost.exe.

Great. :smiley:

I’m sorry, but I’m not sure about this. Perhaps it would be best to create a new topic in the HELP section of the forum.

Thanks.

As both issues discussed both now have new bug reporting topics created for them, and have been forwarded to Comodo staff, I will move this particular topic to Resolved.

Thank you.