Some basic questions.

1.Can I use ESET Smart Security with personal firewall disabled with comodo.
2.Can i use 2 HIPS at the same time? (DefenseWall and Defense+)Like have NOD32+COMODO(with its defense+)+DefenseWall running at the same time without any conflicts?
3. What settings should i use for Comodo?
4.What the Firewall Security level should be at, for more security?
5.What the Defense+ Security level should be at, for more security?
6.What happens when i goto Firewall>Define a new Trusted application>Select>Groups>All applications? Are all applications installed on my pc set to trusted? If so then what abt the apps i install later, will they be trusted aswell without any notification?
Thanks in advance for any help.

::Crickets::
Doesn’t anybody here have any answer?
2 days no reply
This is definately giving a bad name to your support.
Anybody, with answer, just post it.

I’m sorry no one has got back to you. I’ll do my best to help.

1.Can I use ESET Smart Security with personal firewall disabled with comodo.

It depends which parts you are thinking about using in conjunction with CIS

2.Can i use 2 HIPS at the same time? (DefenseWall and Defense+)Like have NOD32+COMODO(with its defense+)+DefenseWall running at the same time without any conflicts?

It is highly recommended that you only use one HIPS program. Using two or more will almost certainly result in conflicts and possibly system instability.

3. What settings should i use for Comodo?

We would need more details of your requirements to give any kind of detailed help. There are, however, some excellent resources for getting started here on the forum.

Here is a good starting point Setting up Firewall for maximum Security.

4.What the Firewall Security level should be at, for more security?

For most ‘normal’ users, Safe Mode is recommended.

5.What the Defense+ Security level should be at, for more security?

For most ‘normal’ users, Safe Mode is recommended.

Here Setting up Firewall for maximum Security. and here Setting up Defense+ for maximum Security. are good starting points to help with the aforementioned questions.

6.What happens when i goto Firewall>Define a new Trusted application>Select>Groups>All applications? Are all applications installed on my pc set to trusted? If so then what abt the apps i install later, will they be trusted aswell without any notification?

Yes, all applications will be trusted. This would not be a recommended approach for ensuring good security.

OMG that was quick knew that would start you guys up.

So which HIPS should i stick with Defense+ or DefenseWall, which is stronger and gives less notifications?
So far i haven’t seen any system slowdowns.
All applications will be trusted, yes i know that but what abt the apps i install later, will they be trusted as soon as i install them or I will be asked? I know that all files on pc atm are clean. So i still shouldn’t trust all applications?

If you define a rule(s) for a group, any further applications added to that group will inherit the rule(s)

I know that all files on pc atm are clean. So i still shouldn't trust all applications?

If you are completely happy that every file of every application and service is with out malice, then by all means allow everything to be trusted. Ultimately the choice is yours.

OK i won’t allow everything.
Thanks a lot for your quick help (after 2 days) Really appreciate it.