[SOLVED] HIPS slows down Windows Subsystem for Linux

I’m trying to work out how I can get HIPS to either white list or trust the WSL by checksumming or some other means.
The least attractive means would be to exclude them from scanning, but I can figure out where in HIPS to do that.

Everytime I start WSL this comand window comes up and then kinda just sits there for a while and then the prompt appears.
When I run any command for the first time in that session it will pause (like a ‘man’, ‘ls’ or ‘wget’ any binary) whilst HIPS does some sort of check on it which lasts about 1-2 seconds afterwhich it runs.
If I disable HIPS then there is no delay.
WSL installs here:
C:\Users\SomeLocalUser\AppData\Local\Packages\CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows_79rhkp1fndgsc
And most of the ‘system’ binaries are here:
C:\Users\SomeLocalUser\AppData\Local\Packages\CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows_79rhkp1fndgsc\LocalState\rootfs (bin|sbin|usr\bin|usr\sbin)

You need to create a new file group then use add new file or folder and then after your selection edit the path to paths like /usr/, /bin/, & /init. Then add that file group to firewall and HIPS rules and treat it as outgoing only for firewall and Windows System Application for the HIPS.

Hi,

Thanks that did the trick!