[Solved]Avoiding Defense+ alerts when using Nokia Qt SDK (maybe other compilers)

Dear all,

This question goes to the programmers that use Comodo.

Every time I clean a Symbian project with Nokia Qt SDK I get a Defense+ Alert. This happens because the Qt SDK creates a different .BAT file (with a random name, like make12345.bat) with the commands to erase the project files, including any .EXE (which triggers the alert).

While this is not a big problem (I don’t clean the projects so often), it’s annoying… and I won’t turn off Defense+ just for this. So, do you have any suggestion about what I could do remove this specific alert?

My system:

• Comodo Firewall 5.0.163652.1142
  • Nokia Qt SDK 1.0.1
  • Windows XP 32 bits, Service Pack 3

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum FunKing :slight_smile:

Not a programmer.

But instead of path\12345.bat you can use path*.bat

Dennis

If a path based exclusion doesn’t work, you might try changing the security policy of the SDK to installer/updater and see if the .bat is allowed.

Thank you for your replies!

HeffeD, the SDK creates a new batch file every time the clean process is invoked. Even though I already set the programs in the SDK as “Installer or Updater”, the batch files is seen as a new app by Comodo when it is started.

Dennis2, where can I add an exception for this? I opened Defense+ → Defense+ Settings, and I have there 4 tabs:

• General Settings
  • Execution Control Settings (has Exclusions only for buffer overflow protection)
  • Sandbox Settings
  • Monitoring Settings

Except for Execution Control Settings, I can’t find a way to add exceptions anywhere… I found options to define a trusted app, but I can only select a single file or one of a predetermined set of File Groups (Executables, All applications, etc.)

Defense+ Computer Security Policy

You have to enter in that application rule.

Posted a example screenshot.

Dennis

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yep, I understood that. :slight_smile:

Installers and updaters tend to create lots of temp processes. Defining these as installer/updater lets any spawned child processes do their job unhindered by D+.

So, defining the SDK as an installer/updater should allow it to create the .bat and and allow it to run without any alerts.

Dennis2: fabulous! Worked like a charm! Thanks a lot! ;D

Heffed: I had already defined many of the SDK files (including the one that creates the .bat) as “Installer or Updater”, but for some reason the .bat files were not being treated the same way. Maybe they were created by a file but invoked by another one, but since the SDK contains hundreds of EXEs in dozens of folders, it seemed to me that Dennis2’s solution was faster. But thanks for trying, I appreciated!