[SOHO] What should I get?

Hello

(This is a general question about products from Comodo, but since General section on their products doesn’t seem to exist, I figured I should ask where there’s most traffic.)

I’ve been using Comodo’s Firewall for a couple of years and am very happy with it.

Now, I’d like to look at anti-virus. Ideally, it should combine well with Comodo’s Firewall, scan for malware both in RAM and on hard-disks without killing performance, and be as good as other AV leaders like Kaspersky or AVG.

I know about ClamWin, but it can only be used to scan for files manually, and doesn’t watch stuff in RAM. I just tried ClamAV for Windows, which only scans for stuff in RAM but doesn’t look at hard-disks :-/ Apparently, there’s no open-source total AV solution.

So I went to Comodo’s site, and looked at the list of desktop products for SOHO users, but I’m a bit lost at what I should get:

Internet Security
Antivirus
Firewall
Wi-Fi Security
Anti-Malware
Anti-Spam
Secure Email
Comodo System-Cleaner

Does it mean that the commercial Internet Security Pro packs everything in one product, while the free products (eg. System-Cleaner, AntiSpam, etc.) are available separately?

Thank you.

mod edit: URL fixed. kail

CIS is light with resources and RAM with the on access protection. The on demand scan I cannot judge as I don’t run it often and changed not long ago from an old single core to quad core system.

The AV although young is becoming a force to reckon with. The before last test from Malware Research group puts it on par with AVG and Kaspersky: http://malwareresearchgroup.com/?page_id=186 .

I know about ClamWin, but it can only be used to scan for files manually, and doesn't watch stuff in RAM. I just tried ClamAV for Windows, which only scans for stuff in RAM but doesn't look at hard-disks :-/ Apparently, there's no open-source total AV solution.

So I went to Comodo’s site, and looked at the list of desktop products for SOHO users, but I’m a bit lost at what I should get:

Internet Security
Antivirus
Firewall

Internet Security is both Firewall and AV. Firewall is both a stateful inspection network firewall with Hostbased Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS). The latter looks in real time under Windows hood. It is top notch in the prevention from getting infected in the first place: http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php .

The av needs and is getting improvement with cleaning. When your system is clean CIS will keep it clean while being light on resources. All three variations are free. The Pro package has the Comodo Internet Suite )CIS) with additional services. These services you pay for

Wi-Fi Security
That is a paid service from known as TrustConnect that connects to the web through Comodo servers using an encrypted connection. It is for when you are on insecure wireless connections a lot and need a secure connection the web. Notice there is a freeware version with a monthly 10 GB download limit.
Anti-Malware
Formerly known as BOClean but is not integrated the AV. Comodo put it on the pages because people still know the name BOClean
Anti-Spam
I don't use the product so I can't comment on it. It is a free program that you need to install separately from CIS (PRO).
Secure Email
I don't use the product so I can't comment on it. It is a free program that you need to install separately from CIS (PRO).
Comodo System-Cleaner
Another freeware program which I use only for registry cleaning. It does a thorough job and also provides Safe Delete. Safe delete lets you delete registry entries and after rebooting it will simulate it removed the keys so you can see if removing them is harmful or not.
Does it mean that the commercial [url=http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/internet-security-pro.php]Internet Security Pro[/url] packs everything in one product, while the free products (eg. System-Cleaner, AntiSpam, etc.) are available separately?

Thank you.

The Pro Package holds the freeware Internet Suite ( you choose upon installation if you want the full suite (FW+AV), Firewall only or AV only) and the two paid services TrustConnect (WiFi security) and Live PC Support. Live PC Support enables Comodo technicians to take over you computer with a remote desktop connection (after you allowed them) to fix your computer. You need to install the other free programs yourself.

Thanks much Eric for the infos.